[REQUEST] Driver for GTX 460 for my motherboard?

Júlio César

22 posts in this topic

Are you running Lion? If so, download Chimera bootloader using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], and you probably have to re-install Lion if that doesn't work.

If you are running 10.6.8 or older, then you can try tonymac's drivers - http://www.tonymacx86.com/1010110101/tonym...pdate-2.1.0.zip

Or you can remove the model requirement by editing distribution.dist inside the installer package with textedit.

It's very simple, copy the installer off of the .dmg and right click to see the contents. Once you have distribution.dist open in textedit it should be obvious what to do.

Ok, i edited that file, and i have been installed, but still not working, no other resolutions just 1024x768, and some graphics stuff not working.

I have the Last Snow Leopard Update too.

And i cant move to Lion.

Weird. It should be working for you.

I have a P5Q series board and a GTX 460 too. GraphicsEnabler + the nvidia Quadro 4K drivers work perfectly.

Can you post a screenshot of the "Graphics" part from System Profiler?

Run Terminal and enter

kextstat > ~/Desktop/kextstat.txt

Attach the kextstat.txt to your next post as well.

Use the full editor to attach files to your post.

System Profiler

Monitor: Tipo: GPU Barramento: PCIe Largura Lane PCIe: x16 VRAM (Total): 3 MB Fornecedor: NVIDIA (0x10de) ID do Dispositivo: 0x0e22 ID da Revisão: 0x00a1 Monitores:Monitor: Resolução: 1024 x 768 Profundidade em Pixels: Cor de 32 Bits (ARGB8888) Monitor Principal: Sim Espelho: Desligado On-line: Sim

Here my full System from System Profiler

MacBook_Pro.txt

Removing...

PciRoot

...from your /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist should take care of your video card issue.

Your smbios.plist has your Hackintosh configured as a MacBook Pro.

On a desktop PC with a Core 2 Quad CPU you should be using MacPro3,1.

Use this:MacPro3_1_smbios.plist.zip

Note that it's a Chameleon 2.0 compliant smbios.plist with "manufacter" renamed to "manufacturer".

Chameleon 2.0 is attached in my reply below.

The smbios.plist also doesn't contain a serial number.

There's a tutorial over on Prasys' blog on how to create your own "authentic" serial:

http://prasys.info/2009/11/understanding-mac-serial-number/

Also you might want to change the SMC version number in your fakesmc.kext to 1.25f4 so that it matches that of a real MacPro3,1 running the firmware version that's in the attached smbios.plist. Prasys' blog has a tutorial on how to edit fakesmc.kext as well:

http://prasys.info/2009/11/editing-fakesmc/

Upgrade to the latest version of fakesmc first. You can find it over at the ProjectOSX forums.

Did you really remove

PciRoot

?

Additionally, remove the following from your com.apple.Boot.plist, they are not necessary:

DSDT

/Extra/DSDT.aml

(this is the default location for DSDT.aml so no reason to specify it)

SMBIOSdefaults

Yes

(this is the Chameleon default so no reason to specify it..who the hell writes these com.apple.Boot.plists anyway?)

This is redundant and can be removed:

UHCIreset

Yes

Because you also have:

USBBusFix

Yes

Which enables both UHCI reset, EHCI ownership takeover and the legacy USB fix. So use one or the other. I don't know which one(s) is/are required on Intel ICH7 (your mobo uses the ICH7 chipset) but I do remember that ICH7 is supposed to have some USB issues. There's a thread over on the ProjectOSX forums specifically on this subject, try to find it.

Finally, add this:

EthernetBuiltIn

Yes

To further familiarize yourself with these options and boot flags, you (and all creators of Hackintosh distros) should read boothelp.txt included with the Chameleon bootloader - find it in the docs folder attached below.

You have arch=i386 in the kernel flags string - your hardware should be perfectly capable of running Snow Leopard in 64-bit mode with no issues - in fact this might even play a part in why you get a black screen on boot, since AFAIK the Mac Pro models (MacPro3,1, 4,1 and 5,1) that can use the Quadro 4000 video card all run 10.6.x in 64-bit kernel and drivers mode by default. Try removing it - leave the kernel flags string empty, like this:

Kernel Flags

Upgrade to Chameleon 2.0 - note that the latest version requires /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist to be renamed to org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Once you have Chameleon 2.0 installed and working, get rid of the following kernel extensions:

OpenHaltRestart

PlatformUUID

(both are obsoleted by Chameleon 2.0)

NullCPUPowerManagement

(you don't need it, your hardware is compatible with native CPU powermanagement)

Then follow the instructions here to enable native powermanagement via org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=225766

You may need to dump your SSDT tables and add DropSSDT=y to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Experiment. Read the thread to learn more. Additionally you might need to do this:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...post&p=2532

I'll repeat: Make sure you are running the Quadro 4000 drivers from June 24 2011 that you can download from nvidia's website. Until you have those drivers installed you must boot with GraphicsEnabler=n. You can type this at the Chameleon boot prompt. Otherwise your Hackintosh will not boot (black screen). In your kextstat, the nvidia driver versions listed are not the latest ones.

Make sure your Intel on-board graphics is disabled in the BIOS and that primary graphics (or words to that effect) is set to "PEG".

Do you use your serial port? I don't know anybody who does. Disable it in the BIOS so OS X doesn't load drivers for it (your kextstat says it currently does). This should shave a second or two off the boot process and remove the serial port/modem from network preferences. You can also disable the floppy drive controller and the parallel port.

Chameleon 2.0 binaries, docs and default theme folders:

i386.zip

doc.zip

default_theme.zip

Manual installation guide:

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,649.0.html

Good luck!

Well mine is not mobo (your mobo uses the ICH7 chipset)

I have a normal Desktop.

I have been removed all the indicated keys from boot.plist.

Ill now try boot with GraphicsEnabler, i no success ill boot without it.

Then if not works ill upload the new Chameleon

mobo = motherboard and yours (P5QPL-AM) has the ICH7 chipset.

Sorry then, the only mobo i knew is that netbooks {censored}.

Well, i removed all things that you said, less the arch=i386 because it will not boot without it (I tried).

About new boot manager, I read that setup instructions about chamaleon, and it is really complicated thing to do, and if i make s.h.i.t, i cant boot my pc.

About new drivers i have been installed the last onces now, just need test, but i dont think that will work is something else wrong.

When changing from 32- to 64-bit mode it's a good idea to clean all the system caches first.

You can do this manually or you can use 'Lion Cache Cleaner' (works fine on Leopard and Snow Leopard too)

http://www.northernsoftworks.com/lioncachecleaner.html

If you have any specific questions about how to install Chameleon just ask.

Basically it's like this:

1. Find out where (which drive/partition) your present version of Chameleon is installed

2. Identify your partition type - GUID or MBR

3. Install boot0, boot1h & boot according to what you found in 1. and 2.

The rest is up to you - theme for the GUI, which extensions you place in /Extra/Extensions, smbios.plist, org.chameleon.Boot.plist etc etc.

Eject any USB flash drives, external drives and optical media, then run Terminal and type diskutil list. Post the output here.