Automatically ignore "This disk is not readable" error?

Windows04

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm using a GA-EX58-UD5, installed Lion on a Apple Software RAID using 2 1TB drives, everything is working perfectly :).

After that, I installed Windows 7 on an Intel BIOS RAID (so that's ICH10r raid), which is also working perfectly, Chameleon even recognizes the RAID setup and I can boot the raid array from the Chameleon GUI (and can also boot my Apple Software Raid from Chameleon, as expected).

When I boot into my Lion install, I always get the "This disk is not readable by this computer" error twice each time I log in (This is of course Lion which tries to mount my 2 intel raid drives and fails).

I'm not looking for drivers for a ICH10r raid, I know they don't exist. I also don't have the need to be able to write something on my windows raid when I'm running Mac OS X, but it's just annoying when you always have this error on startup... Does anybody know how to disable this error or disable automounting on these volumes (keep in mind that Mac OS X doesn't know the labels or uuids of these volumes, so I don't think the /etc/fstab method to disable an automount is going to work...)

Thanks

Windows04

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I am looking to achieve the same thing with my newly RAIDED setup with an Intel ICH10 controller (fakeraid). I was hoping that using the device ID for the disks in the fstab file might work, but it failed miserably.

ie: /dev/disk0 none hfs rw,noauto 0 0

but alas it does nothing :(

Anyone have any suggestions?

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

UUID=4222F7A5-3097-3977-848C-32D712E3451E none hfs rw,noauto

this is the correct no automont fstab for ML, put the UUID of your Pattition, for me this work, I have 03 disks and 8 Partittion and the system only mount the partition the my system, but you need create a new fstab with TextMatte and put all UUID of yours partitions what you don't want to automont.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no UUID for the RAID0 drives that cannot be initialised so the above method will not work.

I need to stop both disk0 and disk1 (my intel RAID0) from attempting to mount within osx. Is there a way to stop automount for disks (not partitions)

• 1 year later...