Radeon Eyefinity in Lion 10.7

Pyro2927

5 posts in this topic

Ever since I updated to 10.6.8 and 10.7 my Radeon 5870 w/ Eyefinity 6 has only been working with passive display ports, limiting me to 2 displays. I finally got it working this morning with a little help from sweaty's post here (which pointed me at netkas's post). I went and downloaded the developer's version 11c37 and attempted to install it, but my system KP'd during the installation and then would not boot. I re-installed 10.7 to get my system up and running again. I realized I only needed the ATI kexts, so I used Pacifist to extract out the ATI kexts, used Kext Helper b7 to install them, restarted and everything was working!!

Like I mentioned before, I have a 5870 with Eyefinity 6 (ALL display ports), but it seems like this method should work with anyone else having troubles with their display ports. (don't forget you need active display port adapters for anything beyond the first two monitors!)

post-111549-1313675928_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad you succeeded ! I have the same video card and i try to make it work all 6 port unfortunately in snow leopard 10.6.8, in system profiler only 4 display i see, but 3 with output.I try to put Lion in my pc to see if i have more support for this card.

could you please attach me the functional kext? Thanks!

In windows it's so painful to have more then 3 display

• 3 weeks later...
my Radeon 5870 w/ Eyefinity 6 has only been working with passive display ports

Did you mean "passive DP to DVI adapters" ?

If I understood the linked posts, the last driver vrom 11c37 makes the binary edit of the port profiles unecessary. Is that confirmed for most cards ?

• 5 years later...

Ever since I updated to 10.6.8 and 10.7 my Radeon 5870 w/ Eyefinity 6 has only been working with passive display ports, limiting me to 2 displays. I finally got it working this morning with a little help from sweaty's post here (which pointed me at netkas's post). I went and downloaded the developer's version 11c37 and attempted to install it, but my system KP'd during the installation and then would not boot. I re-installed 10.7 to get my system up and running again. I realized I only needed the ATI kexts, so I used Pacifist to extract out the ATI kexts, used Kext Helper b7 to install them, restarted and everything was working!!

Like I mentioned before, I have a 5870 with Eyefinity 6 (ALL display ports), but it seems like this method should work with anyone else having troubles with their display ports. (don't forget you need active display port adapters for anything beyond the first two monitors!)

Hello, do you have any kexts or/and instructions for 10.11.6? I'm trying to run such a card (HD 5870 Eyefinity x6)  in a mac mini (via external pcie dock). The card is being recognized, but I get no acceleration.

Thanks in advance for any advice.