Snow Leopard on Samsung R620

david129

4 posts in this topic

Hi. I tried to install Snow Leopard on my Samsung R620, But I had lot's of problem. My Laptop Specs are:

(Details are from Everset)

Cpu: Intel Core2Duo p8700.

Mainboard:Samsung Electronics.

Chipsets: Intel PM45. South Bridge: 82801IM ICH9-M.

Motherboard Chipset: Intel Cantiga PM45.

Bios: Phoenix Tech.

Memory:4GB DDR2.

Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Readeon HD 4650 1024MB GDDR3. Pci Device: 1002-9480/144D-C050(Rev00)

Sound Card:

Device description Intel 82801IB ICH9-High Definition Audio Controllet(A-3), Device ID: 8086-293E.

Sound Card: Realtek ALC272. Device Id:10EC-0272. Subsystems ID: 144D-C050.

ATI Radeon HDMI@ ATI RV 710/730/740-High Definition Audio Controller, Device ID 1002-AA01, Subsystem ID: 00AA-0100

Network:

Lan: Marvell Yukon 88E8057 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller.

Wireless: Broadcom 4321AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter. Working Out Of Box.

Bluetooth: BCM2046 Bluetooth Module.

Webcam: Namuga 1.3M Webcam.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are Lots of options in bios that can be change but I just changed the HDD to AHCI otherwise I couldn't even boot iatkos installer or any other versions.

The other options are: USB legacy Enabled(Default) and etc. I can change the options. but i don't know to what.

I tried to install with this options in iatkos S3 v2: Chameleon v2 RC4, USBBusFix(Otherwise no USB),

Patches: /extra Directory, Fakesmc, Disabler,RTC not RTC32, Modified kernels: qoopz10.3.0 and qoopz 10.2.0, then as default EVO Reboot. I left most of option as default and didn't change.

Drivers:

Main Hardware: Intel SATA/IDE.

Sound: Voodoo HDA Didn't work then I choose Apple HDA 10.6.2 with PCJ kernel didn't work either.

PS/2: Voodoo PS/2.

CPU Power Management: Voodoo P-State. Laptop became very hot after reboot and try to run OSX

Laptop Hardware: Battery.

VGA: None.

Network: None. Wireless Working out of box.

After install I had to boot everytime with -v arch=x86_x64 otherwise it wouldn't boot. then deleted ati4600controller.kext and aty controller(first boot).

If you need to see the bios options I can take a picture of it and attache it.

I really appreciate your help and I'm sorry for my English.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I own the same laptop (don't know about the graphics card id though).

Which osx86 did you manage to install ?

I tried iatkos v2 and my laptop reboot during the installation process :/

As to getting QE/CI working, this post might be useful but is very technical, implies hex patching etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally installed iatkos successfully!

Can you tell how you manage to remove the faulty kexts on the first boot?

I've tried every option i know (-v -x -s -f cpus=1 busratio=20 etc.) i got a shell but the laptop seems to be frozen :/

Thanks in advance.