[GUIDE] LION on Software RAID0 fully working..

vboyz

28 posts in this topic

I have this error

Last login: Tue Aug 16 20:39:03 on ttys000
Mac-Pro-di-Carmine:~ carmine$ sudo touch /Volumes/LionRaid/System/Library/Extensions
Password:
touch: /Volumes/LionRaid/System/Library/Extensions: No such file or directory
Mac-Pro-di-Carmine:~ carmine$

The message indicates the the volume (or RAID set isn't there, meaning the naming is not correct as spelled. Check the name of the RAID set that shoes up on your desktop.

To mark both Boot OS X partitions active, do this in terminal:

sudo fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX (Ignore any fdisk: could not open MBR file /usr/ standalone/i386/boot0: No such file or directory error)

:blink: f 3 C) w D) q

Repeat 1-4 with your other RAID member disk, rdisk3 in this example.

X is the number designated to your disk member of the RAID set.

If neither Boot OS X are marked active, you would receive the same error "can't find...".

In your case, I suspect it might have to do with typing the wrong name your renamed RAID set.

I am in the middle of writing a instruction documenting the steps I went through. It's slightly different from the two instruction sets found here since my setup is using GPT only. I am also experimenting splitting the disks into 2 partitions before joining them in RAID set. I also did tried a RAID card, but the result is unsatisfactory since I still have to deal with Chameleon to boot. So back to Apple software RAID I am.

Good luck

PS: How activate boot ?

For the error above, I guess you much touch a wrong directory, please check your path.

the guide is alright, though i have already done that. but the legacyhda don't seem to work well in S/L/E.

that's the downside.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I used this method for my disk array, only one problem: chameleon ignore /Extra on helper partition /Volumes/Boot\ OS\ X/ ... so fakeSMC doesn't load, so DSMOS doesn't arrive ...

I repeated every steps more and more times, no luck.

Some help ?

ps

if I boot from USB, if I edit UUID on org.chameleon.Boot.plist (on USB) with RAID0 disk one and if I run a different disk from Boot OS X, Install Mac OS X for example, /Extra is loaded and OSX on Raid0 boot, istead running BootOSX partition helper /Extra is ignored ... :/

edit: OS: Mountain Lion - BOOTLOADER: Chameleon r2069