ALC892 appleHDA v2.0.5 Snow 10.6.8

x.di

16 posts in this topic

Hi all. After some testings and wasted nights have something working :|

I have patched Applehda 2.0.5 (10.6.8) I don't like "rollbacks". Works nice in Snow and Lion :) No sound assertions (was pain in the ass to find correct pinconfig sequence).

I have all analog in and outs .

---

But can't make Lion AppleHda work ( Applehda 2.1.1 and 2.1.2). Threw me errors about

[size=1][size=1]!hasInitialSettings" failed in AppleHDAEngine  :x 
Jul 27 04:53:48 uncias-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!hasInitialSettings" failed in AppleHDAEngine at line 16070 goto Exit
Jul 27 04:53:49 uncias-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != fSpkrRefInputAudioStream->setFormat ( &initialVirtualStreamFormat, false )" failed in AppleHDAEngine at line 6732 goto Exit
Jul 27 04:53:49 uncias-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!hasInitialSettings" failed in AppleHDAEngine at line 8671 goto Exit
Jul 27 04:53:50 uncias-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != fSpkrRefInputAudioStream->setFormat ( &initialVirtualStreamFormat, false )" failed in AppleHDAEngine at line 6732 goto Exit
Jul 27 04:53:50 uncias-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!hasInitialSettings" failed in AppleHDAEngine at line 8671 goto Exit
Jul 27 04:53:50 uncias-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != fSpkrRefInputAudioStream->setFormat ( &initialVirtualStreamFormat, false )" failed in AppleHDAEngine at line 6732 goto Exit
Jul 27 04:53:50 uncias-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!hasInitialSettings" failed in AppleHDAEngine at line 8671 goto Exit
Jul 27 04:53:51 uncias-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == stream" failed in AppleHDAPathSet at line 130 goto Exit
Jul 27 04:53:51 uncias-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in AppleHDAEngine at line 5628 goto handler
Jul 27 04:53:51 uncias-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == stream" failed in AppleHDAPathSet at line 130 goto Exit
Jul 27 04:53:51 uncias-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in AppleHDAEngine at line 5628 goto handler
Jul 27 04:53:51 uncias-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in AppleHDAEngine at line 5628 goto handler[/size][/size]

Don't know how to fix it.

---

Working kext for analog ports Applehda 2.0.5 (10.6.8)

Device (HDEF)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
               Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Return (Package (0x02)
                   {
                       0x0D, 
                       0x05
                   })
               }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x08)
                       {
                           "subsystem-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0xA0, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 

"subsystem-vendor-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x6B, 0x10, 0x10, 0x10
                           }, 

"layout-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x7C, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                           Buffer (Zero) {}
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }
           }

post-130817-1311894161_thumb.png

post-130817-1311894169_thumb.png

post-130817-1311894173_thumb.png

Enjoy :) and sry for my English.

AppleHDA.kext_2.0.5_10.6.8.zip

UPDATED! Working AppleHDA for LION!

See post #3

Tried it in Lion and it works on my sabertooth x58. I really need SPDIF working. I have my gtx 285 connected to my motherboards SPDIF header and would love to have HDMI audio out to my tv. Please continue working on it.

here you go :)

AppleHda (v2.1.2) from Lion

2-analog ports , Front Headphone (auto switchable with green analog port), LineIn, 2-mics Front and Rear (auto switchable with each other) and

2-SPDIFS !

enjoy ;)

post-130817-1312241695_thumb.png

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Thank you it works great, I could kiss you on the mouth. I hope you keep working on it. Spdif is working great. One problem I been having, and it's not this kext's fault. For some reason Audio Midi Setup reverts back to 44,000hz after reboot. I deleted all preference plist files I could find for audio and made sure voodoo was completely removed but it keeps reverting. I like to have it at 48,000 because some of my music was recorded at that. Not a big deal though, just wondering if you knew how to fix it.

Thank you it works great, I could kiss you on the mouth. I hope you keep working on it. Spdif is working great. One problem I been having, and it's not this kext's fault. For some reason Audio Midi Setup reverts back to 44,000hz after reboot. I deleted all preference plist files I could find for audio and made sure voodoo was completely removed but it keeps reverting. I like to have it at 48,000 because some of my music was recorded at that. Not a big deal though, just wondering if you knew how to fix it.

don't have a fix for this at this moment. Same happens for me too :)

need to change it manually after every reboot

This did not work for me in 10.7. I am using Asus P8H67-I deluxe MB. I get the correct port assignments showing up in System Information, but no devices show up in the preference pane.

Are you using the DSDT code posted above also? Or Just the Kext? Should the next be version 2.1.2 or 2.1.1? What ws modified in the kext?

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

So with this do we need MacMan's ALC8xxHDA.kext?

Right now this isn't working for me in Lion. Downloaded and installed the kext provided in post 3 as well as used the DSDT section in post one, but my audio device still isn't showing up.

Hopefully the screenshots below will give the pros an idea on where I went wrong.

Thanks!

EDIT:

Fixed by installing MacMan's Injector. Now works exactly as described and fixed my slow iTunes start up! You rock!!

post-251176-1313568102_thumb.png

post-251176-1313568108_thumb.png

post-251176-1313568113_thumb.png

No you shouldn't need anything besides the kext, remove voodoo and any other audio kexts. I used the dsdt for my motherboard on the tonymac site, as they are very good and tested. Try his dsdt for your board. Also make sure you repair disk permissions in disk utility after replacing/adding any kexts and clearing the kext caches. That might be your issue. I'm also using Chimera.

He made this kext for ALC892 and specifically the Sabertooth x58, not sure if it is supposed to work with your board.

No you shouldn't need anything besides the kext, remove voodoo and any other audio kexts. I used the dsdt for my motherboard on the tonymac site, as they are very good and tested. Try his dsdt for your board. Also make sure you repair disk permissions in disk utility after replacing/adding any kexts and clearing the kext caches. That might be your issue. I'm also using Chimera.

He made this kext for ALC892 and specifically the Sabertooth x58, not sure if it is supposed to work with your board.

For some reason installing and then uninstalling MacMan's kext made it work. Perhaps a cache was in need of clearing, but I had rebuilt them when I originally installed the new AppleHDA.kext file. In any event, this is working wondrously with my board, fixing something that's been driving me crazy for over a month now!

Thank you so much for your hard work, as well as to those who help answer questions!

here you go :)

AppleHda (v2.1.2) from Lion

2-analog ports , Front Headphone (auto switchable with green analog port), LineIn, 2-mics Front and Rear (auto switchable with each other) and

2-SPDIFS !

enjoy :rolleyes:

post-130817-1312241695_thumb.png

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Can you point me (some tutorial or inf or what files exactly to edit) on how can i configure the pinout to have almost 3 output sound? to get surround?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...