SOLVED : GeForce 210, QE/CI or not QE/CI ? (LION !)

Kari_Juhani

5 posts in this topic

post-335483-1311405556_thumb.png

This was a reply to another nVidia card. Tested it and there it is... damn ripples... QE/CI working.

----------------------------------------------

Hi all,

i have tried to find answer for this card... does it support or not !

There are some conflicting answers around different sites. And by judging the dates of these posts, they are talking about Snow, even it is not written anywhere.

I use, at the moment, only "GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PciRoot=1". No QE/CI as i see it...

post-335483-1311342391_thumb.png

OpenGL works, up to 2.2 and somewhat also in 3.0 (about 350 to 400FPS)

post-335483-1311342779_thumb.png

I tested with latest NVEnabler = NO LUCK and with inserting strings to boot.plist .... if i set GraphicsEnabler=No, it won't boot and gets stuck on "[PCI Configuration begin]"

I have also a Quadro FX3700 and it (and also this 210) is working perfectly on 10.6.8 !!!

Any help would be nice... does anyone have this card working on Lion ?

kari

I have a pny geforce 210 512 and could only manage to get it working in lion using efi studio and generating an efi string for an 8600gt 512......graphics enabler wouldnt work for me but saying that/wasnt using the pci root command in boot plist,so that may have been the reason why it wasnt detected.....I had previously used an efi string that i managed to get from a 210 rom and it worked fine in snow leopard,when i used it to try to install lion it just sat on a grey screen with the spinning beachball....i then tried 32bit and it got me past this and let me install,but i had loads of problems with it forgeting resolution after sleep or reboot

8600gt efi string lets me run 32bit and 64bit ...its very snappy at animation movies etc and doesnt forget the resolution after sleep or reboot

it profiles as an 8600gt and not the 210 but its just cosmetic,its still detected by glview as a 210

Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT:

Chipset Model: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0a65

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Displays:

Display Connector:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Display Serial Number: F9VI690234232

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

I have a pny geforce 210 512 and could only manage to get it working in lion using efi studio and generating an efi string for an 8600gt 512......graphics enabler wouldnt work for me but saying that/wasnt using the pci root command in boot plist,so that may have been the reason why it wasnt detected.....I had previously used an efi string that i managed to get from a 210 rom and it worked fine in snow leopard,when i used it to try to install lion it just sat on a grey screen with the spinning beachball....i then tried 32bit and it got me past this and let me install,but i had loads of problems with it forgeting resolution after sleep or reboot

8600gt efi string lets me run 32bit and 64bit ...its very snappy at animation movies etc and doesnt forget the resolution after sleep or reboot

it profiles as an 8600gt and not the 210 but its just cosmetic,its still detected by glview as a 210

Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT:

Chipset Model: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0a65

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Displays:

Display Connector:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Display Serial Number: F9VI690234232

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Thanks for help... unfortunately i did not help !

I did get OSX to recognize my card as GT8600 , but no QE/CI.

Kari

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I was using Leadtek Winfast PX9400 GT card with my leopard and snow leopard. I have tried Lion using xMove method and it works but no QE/CI.

So in the end, saw Asus EN210 works and got one 512mb from the local store. Replace the existing 9400 GT with this card and it stops at the PCI configuration thing... then I put npci=0x2000 and it loads and boots to Lion but no QE/CI. So, using OSX86Tools, I use custom GeForce (enter nvidia GeForce GT210), select the DVI-VGA options, 512mb and paste the hex to the com.apple.boot.plist (device-properties). Another thing, I patched the DSDT and put all these in the Lion/Extra folder.... reboot and then wow lah... it is working....

But now, only Lion, Snow Leopard are working with QE/CI. The only problem is now Leopard which cannot boot and having kernel panic at AppleIntelCpuPowermanagment thing.... So the next thing I'm going to transfer all important files from Leopard to snow Leopard and then disk utility to wipe out the Leopard...

QE_CI_for_Asus_EN210_512MB.tiff