why x86 have no iLife

berkayfx

10 posts in this topic

my fathers powerbook have a iLife then we format computer and installed mac os x 4.7.2 again but I saw ilife installed. how could it be 6gb. orginal mac os x install dvd have a ilife; i think the man who made mac x86 erased ilife in mac os dvd.

my english :)

The discs that come with a new Mac computer are different from the disc that contains just OS X ityself. If you go to the store and buy a boxed OS X Tiger, you will see that it does not include iLife. You would have to buy iLife seperately, in another box. Apple includes iLife for free when they sell the whole machine.

Greetings,

When you purchase an Apple Computer you are shipped '2' DVDs, the first one Contains the installation content, the second DVD contains the iLife suite, if you go through the installation you will see it says it requires both disks unless you remove the iLife content.

The x86 Install DVD does not contain iLife, nor the references for it under customize, I would advise obtaining iLife from the same place you downloaded your x86 Install DVD.

Garageband data files alone take up more than 2GB. Given this fact it is fairly obvious that the default OS X install DVD never had iLife included. It's just like what {censored}-X said.

The iLife installation listings on a bundled OS X install DVD are simply links to the second disc containing iLife only. I've personally checked this.