Success with hp pavilion notebook

PnP Bios

6 posts in this topic

What a wonderful forum this is. I recently got osx up and running on my hp pavilion notebook. It is running on a pentium 4 m processor, and has integrated radeon video card. I just wish it ran a little faster when running native PPC mac apps.

I would like to thank those who got the wifi drivers working through the belkin USB peripheral. Now I just need to get my AC 97 card working.

I too am running osx on my hp pavilion ze4900. Integrated wireless is based on the broadcom chipset so the fixes for wireless found in these forums got that going. Performance is very good. Once I get the sound working I may be running this dev over final release code from the other guys... at least on this machine :(

Im running OSX86 on my HP Pavilion zd8124ea (zd8000 series) Everything is working, even the onboard Wireless I got working with the hacked Airport Kext (Broadcom based) the only thing that isnt working 100% is the Video which is not acclerated, when you first play a sound it makes a crackling sound but that goes away. Next thing is getting the Video working to it's full potential *waits for Video drivers to be released*

• 5 months later...
Im running OSX86 on my HP Pavilion zd8124ea (zd8000 series) Everything is working, even the onboard Wireless I got working with the hacked Airport Kext (Broadcom based) the only thing that isnt working 100% is the Video which is not acclerated, when you first play a sound it makes a crackling sound but that goes away. Next thing is getting the Video working to it's full potential *waits for Video drivers to be released*

I have a custom zd8000 too. I tried the broadcomm hacks, it didn't work. Could you please tell me which drivers you installed? I've been all over those forum posts... thnx

• 2 weeks later...

Let me know if you get the sound to work. I've tried what was posted on the wiki and it doesn't seem to work even though it says it loaded successfully. I think that it has something to do with it not seeing the card because of something to do with the pci bridge.

Let me know if you get it too work, I have a ze5500 and everything seems to be working just fine other then that....