Kernel panic

4 posts in this topic

Hi. I've been trying to figure this out for quite awhile now but it seems like I can't figure out an solution for this issue. I've been using Linux lately to figure out why OS X Snow Leopard keeps kernel panicing. When I first install OS X Snow Leopard and run it for the first time it runs fine until I restart (or start it up a second time) and after a little bit it kernel panics and I cannot not just boot the kernel directly I first have to boot into single user mode and then mount the file system (mount -yw /; exit;) or something along those lines. I've been using the nawcom install method so it is using the Legacy Kernel for which it uses for Snow Leopard 1.6.3. I've been wondering if its an issue with the kernel version that its using on 1.6.3 or whatever versions the Legacy Kernel comes with on the cd if its used on a newer version of Snow Leopard.

My computer specifications is attached to this post (sysinfo).

sysinfo.txt

I finally got a chance to update now it seems like the issue is solved the Legacy Kernel wasn't the correct version for 1.6.3 so upgrading right away as soon as i booted into OS X to 1.6.5 with a correct version of the Legacy Kernel for the version of OS X solved the kernel panics it seemed like.