Still Waiting for Root Device

mauro123_as

17 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, Ive downloaded a Retail Version of Snow Leopard and I was going to installit with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or my personal BootCD, but when all was going to load and get to the installation of snow leopard, it gaves me "still waiting for root device" error i think, so i could not get to the installation, i think i will have to buy an IDE hdd and install it there, what do you think?

PC:

Gigabyte MA74GMS2

AMD PHENOM II X4 965

HD 5770

4GB DDR2 800 MHz

Seagate HDD 500 GB (Windows, 1 partition)

I thought [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] was for intel CPU's - so you are going to need a Boot CD for AMD.

Getting a IDE (ATA) Hard Drive is not going to help at this stage as the error is with the DVD drive. Try changing the port if it is a SATA. DVD or making it master if it is a ATA DVD. You may have to find a boot CD that has drivers for the DVD controller. Run 'System Info App' to ascertain what controllers your board has. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219584

BTW since you downloaded your copy of OS X retail, it could be faulty, although I would expect an EBIOS error in that case.

I thought I had explained, changing ports etc. As ifrit05 said try searching. One thing to try is boot with "rd=diskX" or "rd=diskXs3" Where X is the DVD drive number.

So, its the dvd drive number not? not the hdd , ok , the number is the number of the port it is connected or what?

Yes at this stage you are trying to boot the DVD install disc from the DVD drive. So what drives have you got & what ports are they connected to? Do you know what controllers the ports run (use "system Info App" in Windows)

Well, I only have connected 2 things to my sata ports, my dvd drive and my hdd, my dvd drive is connected to Sata2_5 so the port is "5" i think, and my hdd is in Sata2_4 so the port ir 4 not?, the link you gave me por the "system Info App" does not work, so what else can I do?