ATI 5770 Lion Dev. Preview 4, is it working for you?

organik

5 posts in this topic

So, based on advice here and elsewhere I ditched attempts to use my 9800GTK+ and bought an MSI 5770.

On my SL install, it works great, full QE/CI, full res, just like the 9800 did...without modifying anything.

On my Lion Prev.4 install it is full res, but no QE/CI - just like the 9800...

What do I need to do/edit to get QE/CI with the 5770 on Prev 4!?!

Already tried device ID in ATI5000Controller.kext and ATISupport.kext...still just getting Apple Software Rendering, no QE/CI, any other ideas?

So, based on advice here and elsewhere I ditched attempts to use my 9800GTK+ and bought an MSI 5770.

On my SL install, it works great, full QE/CI, full res, just like the 9800 did...without modifying anything.

On my Lion Prev.4 install it is full res, but no QE/CI - just like the 9800...

What do I need to do/edit to get QE/CI with the 5770 on Prev 4!?!

Already tried device ID in ATI5000Controller.kext and ATISupport.kext...still just getting Apple Software Rendering, no QE/CI, any other ideas?

So, the lesson here is follow ALL the instructions, all the time. I though I could skate by with an upgrade install over my Snow install - and in fact I was almost there, everything working except QE/CI with my ATI 5770. After 2 days and zillions of restarts, nothing was working- so I bit the bullet and did a clean install. Right out of the box my 5770 worked great, full QE/CI. Pieced together some other bits from my SL install, SMBIOS, some other kexts, DSDT, and now things are working great. Motherboard is GA-EP45-UD3P, and I got sound and ethernet via [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

Everything works! Sleep, gfx, sound, ethernet. I'm a happy camper.

My 5770 with GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the com.apple.boot.plist work well with QE/CI

only during the logon screen there's some weird things ... During 5 seconds, then it's awesome

Exact same thing here, some scrambled bits at the top 1/4 of the screen before logon screen, then all good.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a great deal of trouble getting my XFX 5770 working with DP4. For some reason, every time I boot up I get a distorted white screen. If I set GraphicsEnabler=YES then it will freeze during the boot up screen or just hang when in verbose mode.

I've tried the kexts from the MBP 10.6.7 update, vanilla 10.7 drivers with modified info.plist, etc.

Anybody have any ideas? I've spent hours trying to get this to work... :)