Mac OS X Lion - list of compatible latops

razr1983

6 posts in this topic

well guys, I am considering buying another lappy and I wanna get it hackintoshed too...

however I've been searching and searching and there is no really good list even for snow leo.

so I was thinking... let's make a thread with all successful laptop installations of lion so far.

I can revisit the topic periodically and manage something like a list in the first post.

should be getting more and more useful as we are getting near the release date.

The HP EliteBook 6930p lappie works (sorta) with some hacks. There are some things not working, mainly the battery meter, SDCard slot, and QE/CI (Quartz Extreme / Core Image, which are graphics things). Also remember to buy it with a Broadcom WiFi card, or you will get an Intel one, which works horribly with Mac OS X. Mine came with the Intel, and I had to install a patched BIOS to install a new WiFi card. It was pretty difficult, so this may not be the best of laptops to Hackintosh, but it works!

Can you tell me which guide did you use to install Lion?Thanks!!!

I think all of them will work for you, but i used an old DP2 guide, and updated it to DP3 with SU, then to DP4 (again with the DP2 methode). If You have question feel free to ask me.

I think all of them will work for you, but i used an old DP2 guide, and updated it to DP3 with SU, then to DP4 (again with the DP2 methode). If You have question feel free to ask me.

Can you please tell me which guide, i have tried a few but I am struggleing for days to install Lion.I have Acer Aspire 5920g and retail Mac OS X Snow Leopard that is working great.