Whats the best Laptop?

8 posts in this topic

Ok, Just want to know, who has been able to install JaS 10.4.7 on thier laptop and have everything work, even WiFi? I'm about to purchase a new laptop and want to know whats the best one to get to do this. I'm an avide gamer and broke, so getting a mac book pro is out of the question.

Fujitsu Siemens V2030 :] Have one and working fine with 10.4.6! Everything, including Broadcom WiFi, AC97 soundcard etc. Cheers.

But if u want to play some games or something like that, choose something else :D

I was wondering, is your PCMCIA cardbus working on that? I need an intel mac with a pcmcia cardbus, in order to read some panasonic P2 memory cards. I already own several real macs (powerbook, macbook pro) and so far there is no affordable solution to read these cards on an intel based mac (no pcmcia on the macbook pro) Thanks for your help!

i suggest buying a real Mac. downloading os x and installing it on a pc to see what its about is no big deal to me (i did it myself one time) but downloading it and then building a computer around it to make a fake Mac (or hackintosh as you call it) is a shame. i think if you like someone's product (i mean anyone's, not just computers) and want to use it, you should pay them for it. to not do so is dishonorable and outright stealing.

however, to each his own.

Let me start off by saying I started this post to see what laptop would run OSx86 the best. Yes true mac hardware will run mac the best, this is obvious! :D

i suggest buying a real Mac. downloading os x and installing it on a pc to see what its about is no big deal to me (i did it myself one time) but downloading it and then building a computer around it to make a fake Mac (or hackintosh as you call it) is a shame. i think if you like someone's product (i mean anyone's, not just computers) and want to use it, you should pay them for it. to not do so is dishonorable and outright stealing.

however, to each his own.

I believe statments like this are :D due to the fact that I started this thread about the OSx86 on PC and not on Mac. Please, people who have mac running with full support on a PC system, please post what you have. ^_^