I dont understand, Linksys WMP11 !

ipguy

8 posts in this topic

hi all

i have a Linksys WMP11 and after finding the HAL website, it seems the PCI card is supported.

<snip>

Linksys WMP11 v2.7 PCI Adapter - Broadcom Chipset (edited Airport2 kext file - add device ID ending with zero)

</snip>

Can someone please explain to me what is suggested by the text on the HAL website ?

Do i need to edit the Airport2.kext ?

Kext file seem to be directories, i'm confused

Do i need to add an ID, any ID, ending with a O?

Do i need to download an edited kext ?

Help Please

Different versions of WMP11 were manufactured with different chipsets. Depending upon the chipset, you might have a solution.

In OSX, go to the blue Apple menu and select "About this Mac"

Click on the "More Info" button

On the left, click on "PCI cards". On the right, read the Vendor ID and the Device ID

If the Vendor ID is "14e4", that means your card's chipset is Broadcom and you might be in luck. Use the Device ID with this guide: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=23684

However, if the chipset is not Broadcom, you are probably out of luck because then the chipset is probably Prism and there is no solution for that card.

Are you sure you are seeing your built-in NIC in PCI cards? My built-in NICS (two of them) don't show up there.

My wireless card shows up in PCI cards as: "Other Network Controller"

What is the vendor id and device id of the device showing up in PCI cards?

Are you sure you are seeing your built-in NIC in PCI cards? My built-in NICS (two of them) don't show up there.

My wireless card shows up in PCI cards as: "Other Network Controller"

What is the vendor id and device id of the device showing up in PCI cards?

well, in fact there are two listed but both are non-wifi cards, one is the onboad nic build into the MB, the other the PCI card nic i installed while trying to get a working network.

so i now have a third install, a PCI Linksys WMP11, which i through was supported.

(no "Other Network Controller" listed)

1) vendor id 0x10b7

devide id 0x9200

2) vendor id 0x8086

device id 0x103a

make sure ih has its drivers installed

which driver ?

isn't this the point ?

well, in fact there are two listed but both are non-wifi cards, one is the onboad nic build into the MB, the other the PCI card nic i installed while trying to get a working network.

so i now have a third install, a PCI Linksys WMP11, which i through was supported.

(no "Other Network Controller" listed)

1) vendor id 0x10b7

devide id 0x9200

2) vendor id 0x8086

device id 0x103a

which driver ?

isn't this the point ?

ok, these are the cards detected in system profiler, the ones i mentioned about.

no other cards listed

0x8086,0x103a Intel Corporation 82559 InBusiness 10/100

0x10b7,0x9200 3Com905C-TXM

game over !!