Jump to content
Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ali Zaid

from ferrari 4005 to MacBook Pro, should I?

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts



I'm intending to switch to Mac, after using a mac in my office to do some development work, I relized that this is the OS I should use , anyway, I will still have to have windows (for gamming ), anyway...


I need to know if anyone have an idea if I replace my current Ferrari 4005 with a MacBook Pro 17", if I'm switching to better or worse? I know that I will not feel much differnce doing coding work, but what about graphics works (photoshop, 3D and so) and what about gamming (under windows), am I goign to notice a +/-?


Another question would be, how much of a difference between core due and core 2 due, should I wait for the later, specially I read that even when released, the chipset will not be ready.


I appreciate your comments.Thanks!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that you already have a really nice laptop. If you don't need to run a legal version of osx right away I don't think you would really lose too much for waiting for core 2 duos.

The really advantage of core 2 duo would be the 64 bit support... which im sure you would notice in photoshop and other 3d work.


Video Card wise the mac book pro has a x1600 while your laptop has a x700... i believe. And in any benchmark the x1600 would beat a x700.



Overall I would suggest buy a macbook pro now if you need to run osx legally right away... if you can wait some time then buy it with the core 2 duos.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



But tell me, from what I heard even when the merom processor is out, the chipset will be delayed till next year, how much of an effect is this? performance wise, and what do usually apple offer for upgrades?


Ferrari is a cool machine, and I really feel sorry if I have to sell it, specially mine, unfortunatily, I wanted to install MacOSX, just to fully get used to till I buy a Mac (eventually I will do it), but it doesn't install at all.


Thanks again!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi again;


I have decided I will buy a MacBook Pro 17" as soon as the merom mac hit the market, I have spent sometime with mac that convenced me that I waisted so much time in my life not using mac osx, to be honest, I installed it as a vm on my computer and installed some stuff of my work on it, and discovered that it has the best work flow ever!!!


Thanks for the people that helped me make my decission

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.