Installed 10.6.7, now having issues. Help?

17 posts in this topic

After a LOT of trial and error, I got my rig to boot SL. It works for the most part, there are a few things that I have issues with. If anyone would be so kind as to help me resolve them, that would be really nice. First, I bought a Rocketfish RF-MBTAD USB bluetooth adapter, and I read that It was supported by mac. I got bluetooth OOB, But I can not set it to wake up from sleep. The check box is greyed out.

I'm typing this from the apple wireless keyboard and the magic trackpad . I also have a problem with the Graphics. I get full resolution on my monitors, but when i watch a video, it stutters like crazy. Any video. I saw in the system profiler that there is an unidentifiable nvidia card installed with 0MB ram.

The Audio is also weird, I Played back several mp3's from itunes and they all have popping and crackling noises during playback. I have (supposedly) VoodooHDA's latest installed. but it says i have no audio devices installed.

Here are my system specs :

Intel Core i5-750 clocked at 3.81Ghz (Stock is 2.66Ghz)

ASUS P7P55D-E Pro LGA 1156 Intel P55 MotherBoard (Which also happens to have SATA 3 and USB 3.0)

4GB Kingston DDR3 PC1333 RAM (@ 9-9-9-24)

PNY Nvidia Geforce GTX 470 1280MB GDDR5 GPU (PCI-E 2.0 x16)

(Clocked at 700Mhz/1400Mhz vs stock 600Mhz/1300Mhz)

HP 24X DVD+-RW SATA ODD

2x250GB Western Digital RE3 in RAID-0 Configuration (Using the MoBo's Built in Intel RAID Controller)

Antec True Power Quattro 850 PSU

My Ethernet adapter built in my board died :/ so I added an Intel EXPI9301CTBLK that I ordered from Newegg. If that is not compatible, I have a Netgear WG311 V3 that I bought for my laptop specifically for OSX86.

VIA VT1828S 8-Channel Audio Chipset

It also has a SATA 3 Controller From Marvell, not sure of the model off hand. Any input would be greatly helpful. Thank everyone in advance.

post-172110-1306980607_thumb.jpg

I also have a problem with the Graphics. I get full resolution on my monitors, but when i watch a video, it stutters like crazy. Any video. I saw in the system profiler that there is an unidentifiable nvidia card installed with 0MB ram.

Do you have the tonymac nvidia update installed? Might want to try that. Try Chimera as well. Just download the latest Chimera only installer. You don't need [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

I didn't read your whole post. Are you using GraphicsEnabler=Yes? If so stick with that and install Chimera and then the tonymac nvidia update. If that still doesn't work for you then remove GraphicsEnabler=Yes and do a manual EFI injection. You will need OSx86 tools. Read my thread detailing how to make a custom EFI for the nVidia 210 1 GB. Just adapt my instructions for your card. Don't copy my EFI string. It will not work. Let me know whether this helps.

After a LOT of trial and error, I got my rig to boot SL. It works for the most part, there are a few things that I have issues with. If anyone would be so kind as to help me resolve them, that would be really nice. First, I bought a Rocketfish RF-MBTAD USB bluetooth adapter, and I read that It was supported by mac. I got bluetooth OOB, But I can not set it to wake up from sleep. The check box is greyed out.

I'm typing this from the apple wireless keyboard and the magic trackpad . I also have a problem with the Graphics. I get full resolution on my monitors, but when i watch a video, it stutters like crazy. Any video. I saw in the system profiler that there is an unidentifiable nvidia card installed with 0MB ram.

The Audio is also weird, I Played back several mp3's from itunes and they all have popping and crackling noises during playback. I have (supposedly) VoodooHDA's latest installed. but it says i have no audio devices installed.

Here are my system specs :

Intel Core i5-750 clocked at 3.81Ghz (Stock is 2.66Ghz)

ASUS P7P55D-E Pro LGA 1156 Intel P55 MotherBoard (Which also happens to have SATA 3 and USB 3.0)

4GB Kingston DDR3 PC1333 RAM (@ 9-9-9-24)

PNY Nvidia Geforce GTX 470 1280MB GDDR5 GPU (PCI-E 2.0 x16)

(Clocked at 700Mhz/1400Mhz vs stock 600Mhz/1300Mhz)

HP 24X DVD+-RW SATA ODD

2x250GB Western Digital RE3 in RAID-0 Configuration (Using the MoBo's Built in Intel RAID Controller)

Antec True Power Quattro 850 PSU

My Ethernet adapter built in my board died :/ so I added an Intel EXPI9301CTBLK that I ordered from Newegg. If that is not compatible, I have a Netgear WG311 V3 that I bought for my laptop specifically for OSX86.

VIA VT1828S 8-Channel Audio Chipset

It also has a SATA 3 Controller From Marvell, not sure of the model off hand. Any input would be greatly helpful. Thank everyone in advance.

Video: read this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=214219

Audio: no good solutions available

SATA 3: sorry

USB 3: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1577139

Ethernet: read the bottom of this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1644847

NOTE: I found all of this by using the search box (powered by Google) at the top of any forum page

Thank you everyone for your input! :lol: I purchased a USB "C-Media based" sound card from new egg for $10 that supposedly works out of the box. I really am not worried of sound right now. I also don't have a SATA 3 hard drive, so SATA 3 is also not important. (maybe later I will get one? but I am also assuming there hopefully would be a solution?)

I already (I think) got USB 3.0 to work. Ethernet also works out of the box. My main issues are the bluetooth wake from sleep issue and the nvidia graphics card issue. If I can find a solution to the bluetooth wake from sleep issue, that would be great, but the more important issue is video. It stutters like mad in hulu or any video.

I have Chimera 1.4.1 installed I believe. GraphicsEnabler=Yes is already enabled also. From a fresh install, I updated to 10.6.7, then ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], then ran the tonymac nvidia update 2.0 and restarted, I was not even getting full res. I re ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and this time installed the NVEnabler, now i get full res, but it still does not identify itself properly. I will have a perfect setup if I can solve these minor issues, and I will be forever in your thanks if you can help point me in the way. ;))) hackintosh and rlf, i will try your methods and see if it will work. Thanks in advance for everything! :(

I have Chimera 1.4.1 installed I believe. GraphicsEnabler=Yes is already enabled also. From a fresh install, I updated to 10.6.7, then ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], then ran the tonymac nvidia update 2.0 and restarted, I was not even getting full res. I re ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and this time installed the NVEnabler, now i get full res, but it still does not identify itself properly. I will have a perfect setup if I can solve these minor issues, and I will be forever in your thanks if you can help point me in the way. ;) )) hackintosh and rlf, i will try your methods and see if it will work. Thanks in advance for everything! :)

Please remove the NVEnabler kext, remove GraphicsEnabler=yes, and try my EFI string injection method. It worked for me when nothing else worked. The problem for me was I was using a 1 GB card. It simply would not be recognized until I did the manual EFI injection. Once I did that it worked beautifully. Actually it wasn't my computer. I gave it to a non-tech friend and they are loving their hack.

Please try my method and let me know if it works.

I got the video working properly! Thank you very much! :) You are the man. It now sees the card as a Geforce GTX 470. It also has 1GB VRAM. The card itself has 1280MB ram I think, but I will not really care much about the 280MB missing lmao. What really matters is, no stutter issues. I also tried to patch my ethernet card, which allows me to still go online, but does not give further detail like the guy that patched it in the other post above had.

I love my new Mac, and I also love this community! It really would not be possible without you all. I need to figure out a way to effectively patch my ethernet card and my bluetooth adapter. The ethernet card to show the extra detail in system profiler, and the bluetooth to allow wake from sleep from my wireless keyboard and mouse. Any help will be greatly thanked and very much welcome! Thank you again for guiding me in getting my Graphics card working properly!

I got the video working properly! Thank you very much! :( You are the man. It now sees the card as a Geforce GTX 470. It also has 1GB VRAM. The card itself has 1280MB ram I think, but I will not really care much about the 280MB missing lmao. What really matters is, no stutter issues. I also tried to patch my ethernet card, which allows me to still go online, but does not give further detail like the guy that patched it in the other post above had.

I love my new Mac, and I also love this community! It really would not be possible without you all. I need to figure out a way to effectively patch my ethernet card and my bluetooth adapter. The ethernet card to show the extra detail in system profiler, and the bluetooth to allow wake from sleep from my wireless keyboard and mouse. Any help will be greatly thanked and very much welcome! Thank you again for guiding me in getting my Graphics card working properly!

Congratulations!

Sooo... what got it working? Did you do the custom EFI method? If you did the custom EFI method how much ram did you enter in the VRAM dialog box? I entered 1024 Mb (1 Gb), because that's what I had. There is a custom button if you need to enter some other amount. I've never used it before. I would be curios to see if it works.

Well Because I messed up my Boot due to trying to get NTFS read/write support, I had to reinstall OS X. Now that I did that, I found another way to enable NTFS and I got the BT problem solved thanks to CJP2, Thank you again everyone!. I have a Fully functional Mac Pro now! :)

The custom EFI did. As for the ram, I put in 1GB. I really have 1280MB but I didn't know how to enter it in to the custom field. If I can find out what numbers to put it in, I would also want to try it out.

I'm glad my method worked for you. Unfortunately I've never used the custom option. I don't even know what happens when you click on it. What happens if you put in 1280? Or is it looking for something weird like a hex number?

Unfortunately, It is looking for a hex number. I do not know how to convert it so I am out of luck. If I can get the Mac to show the right Video Memory, it would be nice. But I am happy that it is working correctly, 1GB or 1280MB.

• 1 month later...

hello,

i have same mobo p7p55 e pro,

i am trying to boot snow leopard after pirate efi-x boot cd and i get unable to find platform ... (kernel panic error).

could you suggest something?

thnx in advance

• 2 weeks later...

As an update: I added the hex info on the custom VRAM info, and it now displays the proper video memory size. Thank you very much. I upgraded to lion and everything is fantastic. I have 2 issues now with lion though :/ After upgrading to Lion, VoodooHDA loads, but no audio comes out, (I managed to get the built in audio to work with an older kext, but it only worked on Snow Leopard, not Lion...I have this problem now :/ ) and NTFS-3G spits an error I have never seen before. Weird thing is, it still mounts the drives! Haha lmao.

@ fonsde I used a retail copy of Snow Leopard 10.6.3 + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] from tonymacx86 and I had used the -x -v busratio=20 PCIRootUID=1 flags. I from there had no issues. I used a DSDT for our motherboard also obtained from that site. Hope it helps ;) !