ICHx Fix

eth0

8 posts in this topic

Hi all, I'm struggling to install Mac OS X and I need a push in the right direction. I've tried iAktos Snow Lepord but I just get a black screen after "Starting Darwin". iDeneb seems to work better for me but I can't get past "Waiting for root devices" - my chipset is ICH7 based and it seems I need to patch my install but from what I've read this has to be done within the installer it self (which I can't load) - is there a file I can edit or something to load this patch for the installer itself?

Hi ifrit05, thanks for the reply. The problem is I can't get in to the installer to enable the patch, is there a way of enabling it FOR the installer? e.g. editing a text file on my install partition..?

In order to boot iAtkos, you need to have the correct settings in your bios. Try setting failsafe defaults, turning on HPET (I believe thats what it's called on my board, if your board has it turn on AHCI). I had to disable on board lan and video as well, since neither are supported. I would suggest searching for you motherboard on these forums, likely someone has tried before. I also had to tweak power save settings. Lastly, I never was able to complete an install until I used my SATA DVD drive from my other computer, the IDE would stop responding.

Hope this helps

Hi enochpc, that's the easy way out! -_- Unfortunately my BIOS only allows me to change the date and time and my motherboard is a generic ZooStorm one but it does have a supported chipset and southbridge.

I think I need to enable the ICHx fix for the installer itself but I have no idea how to..

What boot flags have you tried? I believe I needed -x -v arch=i386. iAtkos, at least for the installer, should activate the ich patch as it boots. Without being able to change anything in your bios the board may be incompatible. iAtkos uses chameleon rc3 I believe, you could see if there is another boot flag that might help, but you've taxed my knowledge, I'm just beyond noob myself.

You probably could try using a boot cd (with Retail OS X DVD). There are many different versions for different motherboards. Search for one with similar/same chipset as your MB has. There are no specs of your PC, so I can only guess...