Who needs Final Cut Pro?

Rhapsody Guru

9 posts in this topic

Hey y'all:

After scoring all four corners of the earth, I have found a very interesting video editing and effects studio software called JAHSHAKA. It is quite sophisticated and I think you will like it alot. It is based on the GNU GPL and is free to boot. Give it a spin by downloading the latest release by clicking here. They have made Jahshaka for many platforms, including Mac OS X! Seriously, this software is sweet. However, I would STRONGLY recommend that you wait until Jahshaka 2.0 RC4 is released which will be within a week or so. Big bug fixes are being implemented in this version. For starters, it uses OpenGL to render the 3D effects! Sweet huh? Well... what are you waiting for? Go to the site and see for yourself!

:thumbsdown_anim:

Guru

thanks!...nice info there... i will download it first to taste the feel..

actually i was hoping someone made like Sony Vegas layout and feel for video editing... i hate adobe premiere (which look the same with FCP) layout..

It seems it will run on any Mac, including the G3. This means that after getting shut out of iLife and Final Cut, G3 users can have a video editor.

Kewl, isn't it?

Keep in mind though that more features are being implemented in future versions, so keep an eye on their website!

:D

Guru

Wow... This seems really awesome.... I wish it had beos/zeta/haiku support tho.

I have been looking for a good free video editor for ages now... Lets hope my search ends here... If not I can just stick with the bootleg of primere I have, but that is a windows bin.

Wow... This seems really awesome.... I wish it had beos/zeta/haiku support tho.

I have been looking for a good free video editor for ages now... Lets hope my search ends here... If not I can just stick with the bootleg of primere I have, but that is a windows bin.

Great! I am getting referrals!

;)

Guru