Installation Troubles/Confusion

Blah101

4 posts in this topic

Hey all. I have a functioning hackintosh already with 10.6.7 and a GTX 460 (freezing of course). I have a spare drive lying around and I wanted to install DP 2 on it. My issue is that after I got my USB drive ready and plug it in, I can't get past the post screen. I have been told this is due to the fact that I have a GTX 460 in the system. What I want to know is can I install DP 2 by switching my GTX 460 out for a 9800 GT, and then once it is installed switch out the 9800 GT for the GTX 460? The reason I ask is because I have heard mixed word about the support Lion has for fermi cards. Is there a way to do this?

Hey all. I have a functioning hackintosh already with 10.6.7 and a GTX 460 (freezing of course). I have a spare drive lying around and I wanted to install DP 2 on it. My issue is that after I got my USB drive ready and plug it in, I can't get past the post screen. I have been told this is due to the fact that I have a GTX 460 in the system. What I want to know is can I install DP 2 by switching my GTX 460 out for a 9800 GT, and then once it is installed switch out the 9800 GT for the GTX 460? The reason I ask is because I have heard mixed word about the support Lion has for fermi cards. Is there a way to do this?

Use 9800 GT to stabilize your Lion installation (prepare your system to Lion launch) and you can probably use GTX 460 when Fermi support i available.

But see that is where I am confused. I thought there were fermi drivers in the new lion build, hence the reason people can use cards such as 560 or 470. So as of now there is no fermi support for lion?

But see that is where I am confused. I thought there were fermi drivers in the new lion build, hence the reason people can use cards such as 560 or 470. So as of now there is no fermi support for lion?

Don't know what you want. If you just want try Lion on your system. Use the video card that works and when the time comes or when there are drivers and then you're good to to go. :-)