MSI H61M-E23 Install

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys.. I just picked up this very cheap board at Fry's, and a Quad Core i5 to run in it. I've been hackintoshing for 3 years now, usually running barely compatible boards, so I'm pretty familiar with the process. I've never built a custom DSDT myself before, but it looks like I'll be doing that now.

I started this thread as a place for people with the same board to work together. I'll keep it up to date with my progress.

I'm not looking for naysayers who think I should swap the board for one that's got a guide already written for it, this is the board I bought, I would like to make it work. If I do, I'll publish details on how. If anyone has suggestions on what I can do to improve my success with this board, I'm definitely interested.

I have the i3-2100/MSI H61M-E33 combo from MC. Bad news is that so far nobody has been able to boot this board with vanilla 10.7.3 or 10.7.4 kernel, hence no speedstep etc. Its most likely the BIOS but could possibly be fixed with DSDT/bootloader. Good news is pretty much everything else works, 64bit, full busratio, automatic sleep, with a geekbench 32 value of about 6600.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey guys.. I just picked up this very cheap board at Fry's, and a Quad Core i5 to run in it. I've been hackintoshing for 3 years now, usually running barely compatible boards, so I'm pretty familiar with the process. I've never built a custom DSDT myself before, but it looks like I'll be doing that now.

I started this thread as a place for people with the same board to work together. I'll keep it up to date with my progress.

I'm not looking for naysayers who think I should swap the board for one that's got a guide already written for it, this is the board I bought, I would like to make it work. If I do, I'll publish details on how. If anyone has suggestions on what I can do to improve my success with this board, I'm definitely interested.

Any news on your setup? what graphics card are you using? I'm eyeing that mainboard a lot lately...

good luck!