Trying to get ATI 5650 Mobility to work.

stargex

8 posts in this topic

Hey,

I have seen that some people have been able to get their ATI 5650 Mobility cards to work. I have been unable to get mine working and was hoping to get some help.

I have tried using both Lion kexts and the new Snow leopard MBP kexts. I am using Kabyl's boot as well. I think my problem is that Mac OS X just keeps picking up my Intel HD Graphics card instead of the ATI 5650 card. There is no switch in my BIOS to use only the ATI card. I have tried to disable my Intel card by adding the following to my ATIRadeonX3000.kext.

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
           <string>0x03000000&0xFFFF0000</string>

However that doesn't seem to make a difference. Am I missing something here? Do the have the string incorrect? Is there another way to disable the Intel HD Graphics card?

I have also noticed that when I run kextstat none of the ATI kext seem to be loaded. Is this normal? Not quite sure how the ATIRadeonX3000.kext is supposed to disable my Intel HD card if it isn't loading.

Thanks for any help.

Hey,

I have seen that some people have been able to get their ATI 5650 Mobility cards to work. I have been unable to get mine working and was hoping to get some help.

I have tried using both Lion kexts and the new Snow leopard MBP kexts. I am using Kabyl's boot as well. I think my problem is that Mac OS X just keeps picking up my Intel HD Graphics card instead of the ATI 5650 card. There is no switch in my BIOS to use only the ATI card. I have tried to disable my Intel card by adding the following to my ATIRadeonX3000.kext.

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
           <string>0x03000000&0xFFFF0000</string>

However that doesn't seem to make a difference. Am I missing something here? Do the have the string incorrect? Is there another way to disable the Intel HD Graphics card?

I have also noticed that when I run kextstat none of the ATI kext seem to be loaded. Is this normal? Not quite sure how the ATIRadeonX3000.kext is supposed to disable my Intel HD card if it isn't loading.

Thanks for any help.

That code that you have supplied is used to disabled a 2nd GPU for ATI, you need the correct id's from windows, Try using AIDA64 Extreme Edition.

Also that code might needed to be added to com.apple.boot.plist for it to disabled your intel hd card, have you ever thought of getting both to work?

Also another method you could try is deleting the IntelHD kexts. and leave ATI ones active.

I would love to get both working. Though if I have my IntelHD kexts installed I can't get to the desktop. It looks like it just hangs while booting with no errors when I have them. Once removed it worked just fine. I thought I'd work on getting my ATI card working as that is more important to me. Once that is done I'll move to the Intel card perhaps.

I'll try adding the code to my to my boot.plist file tonight and see what that does (with the device ID replacement). I had at one time replaced it in the ATIRadeonX3000.kext but that didn't do anything. Probably because it wasn't an ATI card like you mentioned. Didn't know that file was just for disabling an ATI card.

Alright. I modified the bool.plist file to include that snippet of code and changed the 0xFFFF0000 to match my device id, using 0x00468086. This didn't seem to do anything.

I did get a little farther. OS X is finally seeing my ATI 5650 card which it previously was not. Still is picking the Intel adapter to use instead of the ATI card. Am I missing something here? Now that OS X sees both is it possible to switch it?

Alright. I modified the bool.plist file to include that snippet of code and changed the 0xFFFF0000 to match my device id, using 0x00468086. This didn't seem to do anything.

I did get a little farther. OS X is finally seeing my ATI 5650 card which it previously was not. Still is picking the Intel adapter to use instead of the ATI card. Am I missing something here? Now that OS X sees both is it possible to switch it?

Might need to ask others about disabling 2nd gpu, i think you are putting your id the wrong way.

Stargex

, How did you get 5650m recognized? I also have lion's kexts and boot, dumped ROM and that stuff on 10.6.7 but my card wont be recognized and as result I have no effects after adding boot flags.

It was modifying my DSDT that I believe fixed the problem. I had help from MaLd0n. Haven't had a chance to work on hackintosh though lately. Hopefully will get time later this week.

It was modifying my DSDT that I believe fixed the problem. I had help from MaLd0n. Haven't had a chance to work on hackintosh though lately. Hopefully will get time later this week.

hey man could u possibly do a guide for getting the 5650 running on ur laptop?

ive got almost the same exact laptop as u. except for the cpu ive got the 430m.

so please if u can help me id really appreciate it. if anything can u provide me ur dsdt?

i could possibly patch it to my system and i can FINALLY be happy lol.

hey man could u possibly do a guide for getting the 5650 running on ur laptop?

ive got almost the same exact laptop as u. except for the cpu ive got the 430m.

so please if u can help me id really appreciate it. if anything can u provide me ur dsdt?

i could possibly patch it to my system and i can FINALLY be happy lol.