SATA blu-ray drive not recognized

4 posts in this topic

I have a very clean os x 10.6.7 server install up and running on a gigabyte board. everything works wonderfully after enough experimentation and i usually dont have any trouble in getting my parts to work. however this time im a little stumped.

i recently rebuilt my entire machine: added more ram, a new cpu cooler, second gfx card, a second hdd for raid and i put it all in a g5 case. its very pretty.

when i did this i removed two of my three disc drives, both of which were ide and were the two that were recognized correctly. the only drive i have in my system right now is a blu-ray sata drive. for some reason this drive is not listed in disk utility or the drop down disc eject menu bar item. also, vmware fusion doesnt seem to recognize any instal discs i insert.

im really at a loss on this one.. maybe its a bios setting? maybe a dsdt entry? any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a very clean os x 10.6.7 server install up and running on a gigabyte board. the only drive i have in my system right now is a blu-ray sata drive. for some reason this drive is not listed in disk utility or the drop down disc eject menu bar item. also, vmware fusion doesnt seem to recognize any instal discs i insert.

im really at a loss on this one.. maybe its a bios setting? maybe a dsdt entry? any suggestions would be appreciated.

The controller should be set to AHCI mode in the BIOS and the drive connected to the intel ports not the jmicron (the gigabyte ones they call them I believe) as those ports are not recognized by OS X.