Reinstall multiboot after windows 7 reinstallation

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

i've got lot of problens on my windows 7 and i want to reinstall it.

Actually i've OSX 10.6.6 on partition 1 and windows 7 on partition 2. There's a multiboot with iatkos V7.

If i reinstall windows 7 i loose my multiboot. I search on the forum how to reinstall the multiboot only but nothing...

thanks for your help and sorry for my poor english level

I have the very same problem only I used an original retail version.

My bootloader is Chameleon, ofc...

Anybody- help?

I solve this with free Easybcd, assuming after the reinstall of Windows you are now booting by default into Windows, because it now owns the MBR. Add OS X to the Easybcd boot menu. That should load Chameleon, after you select OS X from the Easybcd boot menu. I installed Linux on a 10GB menu because it gives me a backup bootloader. Linux, when using either Cham or Win bootloaders, should be installed to the root of the Linux partition not the MBR. The default is MBR, so keep your eyes open to change where grub(2) is installed sometimes under advanced. If you want to do this with Chameleon, here is an expert resource, (It's also probably covered in the Sticky dual-boot posts on this forum.)

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/board,1.0.html ask there.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the very same problem only I used an original retail version.

My bootloader is Chameleon, ofc...

Anybody- help?

I usually just reinstall chameleon (Win XP)

The problem is that YOU cannot go into OSX to do it.

You can start e.g. a iatkos or ideneb DVD and select only the bootloader. That will do.

I always have an USB drive with OSX on it and reinstall chameleon from that one.

Laszlo