how to burn iso?

Denonski

9 posts in this topic

hello guys, im new to mac. I've been reading all the post here regarding how to install hackintosh... what I did was, I downloaded a torrent software and downloaded a file called (Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.6 x86-HOTIso). When i finished downloading this file... it seems a little weird coz this file was a folder... under this folder there are lots of files of around 47MB, the file names were h-t1046.r00, h-t1046.r01, h-t1046.r02 and so on.... i thought ISO is a 1 file with an extension of .iso

the folder size is around 3.85GB. my question is, did I download the right files???? if yes, how can i burn it to a DVD when it is not an .iso file??? do i just burn it under DATA and drag all the files there??? does anyone have encountered this? if so, i need your help on how to burn it to DVD and make it bootable so I could install it on my PC. thanks in advance...

rar files are a multi-part compressed format. Instead of one big zip file, you get rar files 47 mb each. Just find h-t1046.rar (should be second to last of all the files) and open it with winrar. You will see your iso file in winrar - extract it.

I had issues burning the disc with roxio (though i think mine is broken) but had great luck burning OSX panther and the HOTiSo 10.4.6 tiger release with NTI. just a note if you have problems.

@dynatos,

yes sir, aside from those h-t1046.r00 there is one file that has an extension name of .rar , and i think its 2nd to the last of all the files under the folder. i will try to extract it later, and will post the results later. hopefully will work... thanks

@junio, with regards to an .iso file, i know how to burn them. i just can figure out how to get the iso file with the one that I download. it's a folder with .r00, .r01 extensions... i have to try out what dynatos steps in order to obtain the .iso file... i'll post the result later... thanks!

good day, I already burned the .iso image from the h-t1046.rar file... dynatos was right... the extraction too a while, i have to wait for minutes. then a .iso file appeared. burned it to toast. all i have to do is to test it to my windows pc... thank you very much dynatos...