Can we get iWork working in Leopard?

Adrian Fogge

7 posts in this topic

I consider myself to be a resonably skilled reverse engineer, but I can not get iWork to work under Leopard.

First off, I found that Keynote will not allow you to create a document if one does not first open a pre-existing one, and then it is a little slow on doing anything.

Add to that that Pages will not refresh pages as you scroll to display updated data for 30 seconds (exactly 30 seconds every time on a G4 Powerbook 1.67GHz and 2GB DDR2) every time. 

Has anyone found a way to get these apps to run under Leopard well?

Maybe I am one of those really crazy people who considers it extremely difficult to edit a document when you have trouble even seeing it.

Still, I would be deeply sadened if I needed to give up Leopard for Tiger so that I could actually proof read my reports before sending them off to the higher-ups.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't want to rase up a thread from the dead, but it's better than making a new one.

I'm having the same issues with iWork '06. I can't scroll in Pages; after 3 seconds it freezes, even though the app is fine and not showing the spinning beach ball.