HELP! ASUS 1201N Random Freeze

itsonlygeorge

5 posts in this topic

I sucessfully installed OSX and upgraded up to 10.6.6 following the mosslack and vmonheros guide on my Asus 1201n but it has been somewhat unstable and I don't know why.

Hardware Specs:

OCZ Vertex II 60 GB SSD

4 GB Corsair DDR2 800 mhz Ram

Atheros AR5B93 Wifi

The mouse and keyboard will stop responding randomly, I tried changing the sleep settings so that computer will not go to sleep, however it has not really helped. I have noticed that it happens more often after the computer was in sleep mode. Some days it will work all day with no problems, even if its been a sleep, and other times it crashes 2-3 times a day.

I am running several programs in the background:

Quicksilver

iStat Pro

Little Snitch

I also use Hyperdock to modify behavior of Spaces and provide Window previews in the Dock.

I am not sure how to find what is going on, but I do have logs from the Console. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I sucessfully installed OSX and upgraded up to 10.6.6 following the mosslack and vmonheros guide on my Asus 1201n but it has been somewhat unstable and I don't know why.

The mouse and keyboard will stop responding randomly

I have this kind of problems with voodooPS2 drivers. I'm using ApplePS2Controller which works great.

I have this kind of problems with voodooPS2 drivers. I'm using ApplePS2Controller which works great.

I removed the voodoo2ps2 kext from the extensions folder and ran the KEXT tool. I will update if it works! Did only the mouse and keyboard freeze or was it the whole system that crashed? On mine, everything freezes.

::EDIT:: Did not work. Keyboard/Trackpad did not work with the ApplePS2Controller...