osx server 10.4.7 combo update

FutureBSD

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys

this has been asked for 10.4.6 a while ago but no one answered.

That's why I started this (up to date 10.4.7) thread.

Does anyone know if it's possible to install the OS X Server 10.4.7 Combo Update on a Hackintosh system?

Or is there a server version available for intel x86 machines?

The link to the update is: (if not allowed please give me a message or remove it but it's just an official update)

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/appl...e1047combo.html

thank you so far

edit1: I try to just install the stuff. Maybe it will do it. Otherwise I've to reinstall everything :D

Ive actucally done extensive work on this

it actucally is a universal binary but the update is only ment for PPC so it dosent have the same boot process and dosent have rosetta, i was unable to use this update to make a hackintosh into a server.

apple xserver help informed me that intel server is only rolled into their new dvd and will require purchase, however, it appears that PPC serials will work on it.

Riffer

• 2 weeks later...

ive found on thepiratebay a torrent with the following title "Tiger server upgrade packaged TESTED ON OSX86", unfortunately im not able to install ist, because ive only got 10.4.6 dvds. would someone try if this works?

man are you kiddin me you went by a stupid torrent that said tested LOL. you know how many of those are bogus? one to many dude, Uhm I would wait till someone leaks it like a hole in a water mattress. :angel: in the years ive been on I havent seen Tiger Server for X86 i do have the regular PPC version :P if anyone wants to try patchin that!. :P