Asus HD5770

atotaj1

28 posts in this topic

Dear members,

I tried very much, and nothing came out. I have 1 VGA monitor and 1 DVI OR HMDI monitor. When i boot Kabyl chameleon with cables attached i get no signal, when i deattach DVI and attach it after VGA says no signal i get full resolution but no qe/ci. How can i fix it so i have both screens and QE/CI enabled?

Greetings

Alex

alright bic boi, you need help? so ur saying that ur getting no signal on ur monitor and going to sleep?

DO I CLEAN INSTALL

1. Download the All_in_one.rar from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=245681 <---- DO NOT TRY TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE NEW BOOT LOADER r745 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ STICK WITH THE ALL_IN_ONE FOLDER

2. Install ATI Chameleon bootloader for Radeon HD5000 (inside All_in_one folder)

3. After installing boot loader.. rename the ROM file to 1002_68d9.rom <--(check ur device ID on system profiler and type it here because this is for hd 5570) for example, 1002_68f9.rom or 1002_ 68e4.rom

4. place the ROM file on the Extra folder located at your Macintosh HD(after installing boot loader) and ATI5000injector.kext to extensions located at the extra folder and replace the boot file from the Macintosh HD folder

5. Install Atiframebuffer.kext and ATY_init.kext to MacintoshHD/System/Library/Extensions (ATI5000Controller don’t need)

6. Edit com.apple.boot.plist

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseAtiROM</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>AtiFb</key>

<string>Vervet</string>

8. Download and install Mac OSX 10.6.4 update (combo is only for 10.6.2 and under)

9. Reboot and download and install Snow Leopard Graphics Update 1.0

10. If Kernel Panic occurs try booting -x safe mode or use HFS+ for windows and remove ATI5000.kext and "ALL" ATIx3000.kexts

11. Do a repair permission

12. Download [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and 10.6.6(combo)

13. Install 10.6.6 COMBO and "DO NOT REBOOT"

14. Open [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and look for IOUSBROLLBACK (should be on the drivers section)

15. Reboot if u encounter a black screen...(read down here 2x)

16. Your Done! (or maybe ur stuck on something)

if u still encounter a black screen(no signal on monitor) test all working framebuffers by editing the boot.plist for example <string>Uakari</string> <--- search in the forum for working fb on hd 5770

Some people said its working on dual dvis or something.....

thx i will try it tomorrow:)

greetings,

Alex

alright bic boi, you need help? so ur saying that ur getting no signal on ur monitor and going to sleep?

DO I CLEAN INSTALL

1. Download the All_in_one.rar from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=245681 <---- DO NOT TRY TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE NEW BOOT LOADER r745 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ STICK WITH THE ALL_IN_ONE FOLDER

2. Install ATI Chameleon bootloader for Radeon HD5000 (inside All_in_one folder)

3. After installing boot loader.. rename the ROM file to 1002_68d9.rom <--(check ur device ID on system profiler and type it here because this is for hd 5570) for example, 1002_68f9.rom or 1002_ 68e4.rom

4. place the ROM file on the Extra folder located at your Macintosh HD(after installing boot loader) and ATI5000injector.kext to extensions located at the extra folder and replace the boot file from the Macintosh HD folder

5. Install Atiframebuffer.kext and ATY_init.kext to MacintoshHD/System/Library/Extensions (ATI5000Controller don’t need)

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseAtiROM</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>AtiFb</key>

<string>Vervet</string>

8. Download and install Mac OSX 10.6.4 update (combo is only for 10.6.2 and under)

10. If Kernel Panic occurs try booting -x safe mode or use HFS+ for windows and remove ATI5000.kext and "ALL" ATIx3000.kexts

12. Download [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and 10.6.6(combo)

13. Install 10.6.6 and "DO NOT REBOOT"

14. Open [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and look for IOUSBROLLBACK (should be on the drivers section)

if u still encounter a black screen(no signal on monitor) test all working framebuffers by editing the boot.plist for example <string>Uakari</string> <--- search in the forum for working fb on hd 5770

Some people said its working on dual dvis or something.....

Dear members,

I tried very much, and nothing came out. I have 1 VGA monitor and 1 DVI OR HMDI monitor. When i boot Kabyl chameleon with cables attached i get no signal, when i deattach DVI and attach it after VGA says no signal i get full resolution but no qe/ci. How can i fix it so i have both screens and QE/CI enabled?

Greetings

Alex

For starters why on earth haven't you posted this question in Kabyl's thread, rather thanh starting a new one??

Secondly you are running 10.6.3 - There is no apple driver for the ATI 5xxx series of cards until, i think 10.6.5 or 10.6.6.

So stick with Kabyls booter and GraphicsEnabler=Yes and update to 10.6.6 and I think you'll find it starts to work!

D

Dear members,

DO I CLEAN INSTALL

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseAtiROM</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>AtiFb</key>

<string>Vervet</string>

13. Install 10.6.6 and "DO NOT REBOOT"

Sorry mate but what is this??

You are combining two completely differnt methods, being the use of ATY_init and GraphicsEnabler.

Sorry but this is missleading and incorrect information! Use one or the other method NOT BOTH!

D

For starters why on earth haven't you posted this question in Kabyl's thread, rather thanh starting a new one??

Secondly you are running 10.6.3 - There is no apple driver for the ATI 5xxx series of cards until, i think 10.6.5 or 10.6.6.

So stick with Kabyls booter and GraphicsEnabler=Yes and update to 10.6.6 and I think you'll find it starts to work!

D

Sorry mate but what is this??

You are combining two completely differnt methods, being the use of ATY_init and GraphicsEnabler.

Sorry but this is missleading and incorrect information! Use one or the other method NOT BOTH!

D

#1 that is kabyl's bootloader r700

#2 i gave him a guide, because kabyl's thread is too confusing

#3 of course 10.6.3 dont have 5xxx drivers u need 10.6.4 and leopard graphics update

For atotaj1,

The ATIx3000 drivers are needed to enable graphics accelaration. It enables full QE/CL. This is included when u install the Snow Leopard graphics update 1.0

if u encounter a black screen after rebooting, remove the kexts and continue on.... when u reach 10.6.6 combo update this will add the drivers

I have 10.6.6, forgot to update my information. I have the kexts installed from netkas.org/?p=465 and i have kabyl's chameleon installed. But when i can boot (after disconnecting a display and connect it) then i don't have QE/CI but i have 1080p full resolution and vga screen doesn't work. When i boot with both screens connected i get a blue screen then a black with blinkingthing in the leftcorner and blue again and then black again.

#1 that is kabyl's bootloader r700

#2 i gave him a guide, because kabyl's thread is too confusing

#3 of course 10.6.3 dont have 5xxx drivers u need 10.6.4 and leopard graphics update

For atotaj1,

The ATIx3000 drivers are needed to enable graphics accelaration. It enables full QE/CL. This is included when u install the Snow Leopard graphics update 1.0

if u encounter a black screen after rebooting, remove the kexts and continue on.... when u reach 10.6.6 combo update this will add the drivers

I have the kexts installed from netkas.org/?p=465 and i have kabyl's chameleon installed.

Well this is your problem. you are mixing to methods!

Either use just netkas's ATY_init.kext and GraphicsEnabler=No

Or remove ATY_init.kext from terminal using:

sudo rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ATY_init.kext

Please be careful if you do this!!!!

Set GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Then clear caches with something like snowleopard cache cleaner and reboot.

D

I just reinstalled mac, now booting and installing my drivers and update. I will keep you informed.

Set GraphicsEnabler=Yes

D

remember to follow the steps and try the framebuffers....

No please DONT follow LifeOnRice's steps or you will end up with exactly the same problem!

But I think you know this :)

D

Until now i did:

Install mac os x 10.6.2

chameleon(with audiodrivers and stuff)

kabyl's boot

installed 10.6.4

graphics update 1.0

now trying to boot with GraphicsEnabler=yes hoping it will work

or do i need to install 10.6.6 first?

I have resolution AND QE/CI:) but it doesn't find my VGA monitor how can i fix that?

No please DONT follow LifeOnRice's steps or you will end up with exactly the same problem!

But I think you know this :)

D

and it only sees my ram @ 533mhz right now:( so i will look into that. but how can i get my second screen to work?

Until now i did:

Install mac os x 10.6.2

chameleon(with audiodrivers and stuff)

kabyl's boot

installed 10.6.4

graphics update 1.0

now trying to boot with GraphicsEnabler=yes hoping it will work

or do i need to install 10.6.6 first?

I have resolution AND QE/CI:) but it doesn't find my VGA monitor how can i fix that?

Graphics Update 1.0 will do it.

So you are saying you've got further than before?

What ports does your card have dual dvi hdmi or dvi dsub hdmi?

D

I can boot now without screwing with my cables, and i have qe/ci now:) i have 1 hmdi,1dvi and 1 vga(asus hd5770 cucore) and my main monitor is connected with DVI and it works, the other with VGA and it isn't reconized:(

Graphics Update 1.0 will do it.

So you are saying you've got further than before?

What ports does your card have dual dvi hdmi or dvi dsub hdmi?

D

I can boot now without screwing with my cables, and i have qe/ci now:) i have 1 hmdi,1dvi and 1 vga(asus hd5770 cucore) and my main monitor is connected with DVI and it works, the other with VGA and it isn't reconized:(

It's a good start.

You should try other framebuffers using AtiConfig=xxxx at boot.

If a framebuffer other than Vervet gives you the correct outputs then great.

If not then I can't help you anymore but you should see this thread by bcc9:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=249642&hl=

Good luck

D

thank you very much:) i will try it and then i will post all my steps so if anyone else wants it he can have it:P

No problem - remember the apple brand 5770 has a different port config than your card, hence your VGA port not working.

D

Do you think that if i put my main monitor on hdmi and my second one on DVI(with dvi2vga cable) it will work? or have a bigger chance to work?

by the way, the graphics are much faster then on my Geforce 210:P

No problem - remember the apple brand 5770 has a different port config than your card, hence your VGA port not working.

D

{censored} after installing 10.6.6 it doesn't work anymore, i get no signal again:( back to my problem, and it is 10.6.6 how can i fix this?

Do you think that if i put my main monitor on hdmi and my second one on DVI(with dvi2vga cable) it will work? or have a bigger chance to work?

by the way, the graphics are much faster then on my Geforce 210:P

It's worth a go yes.

I guess you've got a dvi to vga adapter to hand so you can try to see if you get an analogue signal out of the DVI port before you go out and buy an hdmi to dvi adapter.

D

It's worth a go yes.

I guess you've got a dvi to vga adapter to hand so you can try to see if you get an analogue signal out of the DVI port before you go out and buy an hdmi to dvi adapter.

D

i have an hdmi to dvi:) was inside the box my graphicscard. but since i updated to 10.6.6 my problem is back:(

thanks FKA, i just had over 10 messages about ati cards... thanks for assisting me, i am now able to help others with problems.

btw FKA u are using old techniques... some outputs will not work just like my dvi and displayport for 5570

Set GraphicsEnabler=Yes

D

it doesnt matter... i tried about ati_init.kext and graphics enabler=yes i have no issues. but if i take one of them out i get infinite boot loading or a black screen

i used both now for testing, and it works again... strange but i'm happy:)

ATY_init.kext and GraphicsEnabler=yes:)

but now i can't boot 64bits:( but as long there's no solution i will have to do it with this:)

There is a solution:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=249642&hl=

But if it's too much work for you :(

D

thanks i wil look into it, i have my monitors now like this:

HDMI->DVI

and DVI-VGA

and both screens are working but i can't select other then mirroring:( both are reconized as 1

hmm thats indeed much work, how long do you think it will take:P?

i'm trying framebuffers right now i'm getting results step by step:P

edit: Got both screens working right now:) with good resolution and qe/ci.

HDMI->DVI

DVI-VGA(converter) did the trick:)

thanks FKA, i just had over 10 messages about ati cards... thanks for assisting me, i am now able to help others with problems.

btw FKA u are using old techniques... some outputs will not work just like my dvi and displayport for 5570

it doesnt matter... i tried about ati_init.kext and graphics enabler=yes i have no issues. but if i take one of them out i get infinite boot loading or a black screen

Well technically you are loading 2 drivers - one made by netkas and another vanilla apple driver!

This isn't a correct method to use and if it works, it's by a wing and a prayer !

Kabyls booter currently has no support for the 5570 and neither does Mohammeds ati5000 booter! So using GraphicsEnabler=Yes wont be doing much for you!

You are using the correct ATY_init kext aren't you? the one with ati5xxx support??

http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=485

Which BTW also dosen't have support for the 5570!

A smarter approach would be to either ask for support for your card to be added to one of the ati5xxx bootloaders !

EDIT - i forgot the OR - try messing around with the info plist of ATY_init to add support for your card.

Is you card even seen as a 5570 in system profiler?

:(

thanks i wil look into it, i have my monitors now like this:

HDMI->DVI

and DVI-VGA

and both screens are working but i can't select other then mirroring:( both are reconized as 1

hmm thats indeed much work, how long do you think it will take:P?

i'm trying framebuffers right now i'm getting results step by step:P

I've not followed bcc9 method cos i don't need to so don't know how long it might take.

If you are trying other framebuffers please dont confuse matters by having ATY_init loaded as well!

D

Well technically you are loading 2 drivers - one made by netkas and another vanilla apple driver!

This isn't a correct method to use and if it works, it's by a wing and a prayer !

Kabyls booter currently has no support for the 5570 and neither does Mohammeds ati5000 booter! So using GraphicsEnabler=Yes wont be doing much for you!

You are using the correct ATY_init kext aren't you? the one with ati5xxx support??

http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=485

Which BTW also dosen't have support for the 5570!

A smarter approach would be to either ask for support for your card to be added to one of the ati5xxx bootloaders !

Is you card even seen as a 5570 in system profiler?

:(

I've not followed bcc9 method cos i don't need to so don't know how long it might take.

If you are trying other framebuffers please dont confuse matters by having ATY_init loaded as well!

D

i know, and i will follow every thread until there is something new, in the mean i got monitors working, but it confused the resolution, so i'm testing it further:)