Installing OSX86 on Thinkpad R40e

shadowmoses

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I am trying to install 10.4.6 JAS on my IBM Thinkpad R40e I have seen people on the forum have success with this exact machine thats why I can't figure out why the install isn't biting.

My specs are:

-2.2ghz Celeron M SSE2

-512mb RAM

-16mb ATI Graphics

-25gb HD

What happens is I put in the JAS install DVD boot from it and it won't go beyond the white screen.....

ANy help would be welcome as i would love to get OSX running on this baby!

PEace

ShadoW

Thanks for the reply I just tried and no luck the screen freezes on the white apple logo after about 1 minute of the dial spinning below the apple logo....

What install DVD where you using to get it to boot on your r40e and did you change any bios settings?

Thanks,

SHadoW

I couldn't boot on my thinkpad (R40) because of the (crappy) DVD drive. So I got my HDD out to the desktop using a case and attached it using a USB cable, booted up on the desktop system with a better DVD drive and installed the system on the desktop, by selecting the USB HDD. After it was installed, I got the HDD back into the laptop and booted.

EDIT:

when booting, press quickly F8 to enter the bootloader, and then add "-v" to the boot options to boot in verbose mode .... you won;t get the apple image and you will see the messages ... see what is the last message before it freezes.

Ok thanks for the tip I have booted into verbose and the last errors I get are:

-Kld_load_frommemory() failed for module /system/library/extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/contents/plugins/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/COntents/MacOS/ACPI_SMC_Platform Plugin

Dunno if this helps means nothing to me but hopefully someone can determine what is going on....

Thanks,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

trying to install 10.4.6 jas patched

on an ibm thinkpad r40e

using -v at drwin

this error shows up last

Extension "com.apple driver.appleACPIthermal" has no kernel dependcy .

IOPCCardBridge::Start failed

USBF: 46.970 AppleUSBOHCI[0x1ab5800]::start OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

it wont boot past that screen, the dvd works on other systems so do i need to swap out the thinkpad hdd to an external USB case and install from my PC?

got it working now ;)

if anyone else is having the same problem as me just go into your bios on the thinkpad and turn off usb in the usb section. it boots the dvd allthe way now :D

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...