So lost...

T3h-Unkn0wn

12 posts in this topic

Alright I have googled, used the search feature, ect. to no success.

So my computer specs are:

ASUS P6X58D-E

Intel core i7 950

XFX 5830

6GB (now 4GB for this...do I still have to do that?)

Okay so I've used about 7 different...boot CD's? stuff like boot132, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], IBOOR legacy, ect

I tryed to use stuff like -v -x blah blah blah with no success I think I've tried it all...

Before I even get past verbose boot the video cuts out the fan on my 5830 goes to MAX..

Every thing I've seen to get it to work I would have to have Mac OS X installed already...well the problem is getting it installed...so I cant really just add a few files here and there on the OS I'm trying to install..

Thanks!

I tryed to use stuff like -v -x blah blah blah with no success I think I've tried it all...

Before I even get past verbose boot the video cuts out the fan on my 5830 goes to MAX..

Every thing I've seen to get it to work I would have to have Mac OS X installed already...well the problem is getting it installed...so I cant really just add a few files here and there on the OS I'm trying to install..

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ibo...ac-os-x-on.html

8. "When you get to the installation screen, open Utilities/Disk Utility. NOTE: If you can't get to the installation screen, retry the process, but type -x at the screen above. This will enter Mac OS X Safe Mode, which will allow you to proceed. If this doesn't work, try PCIRootUID=1. Some newer cards require this command."

It's difficult to install your graphics card (according to the thread I read). I think booting in safe mode uses a generic video card driver (kext) so that you can complete the install. Then work on getting the 5830 installed properly. Did you try Step 8 and have it fail?

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ibo...ac-os-x-on.html

8. "When you get to the installation screen, open Utilities/Disk Utility. NOTE: If you can't get to the installation screen, retry the process, but type -x at the screen above. This will enter Mac OS X Safe Mode, which will allow you to proceed. If this doesn't work, try PCIRootUID=1. Some newer cards require this command."

It's difficult to install your graphics card (according to the thread I read). I think booting in safe mode uses a generic video card driver (kext) so that you can complete the install. Then work on getting the 5830 installed properly. Did you try Step 8 and have it fail?

Yes I've tried -x, -v, tons more they all result in my Video Card maxing the fan out and no video. =[ It is in the top most PCI-E slot and all that. Works fine with my Linux and Windows systems.

I am having this EXACT same problem with my Sapphire HD 5770.

The fan goes berserk and nothing happens.

I have also tried all the alternate commands but still nothing.

I think we need to work together on this one!

Please let me know of any new developments and I will do the same.

Thanks, Anthony

I am having this EXACT same problem with my Sapphire HD 5770.

The fan goes berserk and nothing happens.

I have also tried all the alternate commands but still nothing.

I think we need to work together on this one!

Please let me know of any new developments and I will do the same.

Thanks, Anthony

Ok, I've got past this point with the command "-v PCIRootUID=1" but now am getting stuck during the the initial loading.

It gets up to a point and then keeps ticking over for ages saying: "still waiting for root device"

The last entry before it starts doing this is:

"SerialATAPI Terminating due to unrecoverable Reset error - drive has stopped responding. (resetType = 0x0, newPowerState = 0x1, failedCommandInfo = 0x1)"

Im going to do some reasearching and find out what this is to do with.

If anyone has anyone has any suggestions for this, Please let me know. Thanks!

T3h, try the above command if you haven't already and let me know how far you get with it.

Try to use lestest kexts to start your computer.

e.g.

Chameleon boot + FakeSMC.kext + NULLCPUpowermanagement.kext + voodooPS2controller.kext

Alright I would love to try this possible solution...but I have one problem... How exactly would I go about doing all of that?

I am a complete noob to hackintosh stuff.

I am pretty knowledgeable of computers but this is all new to me.

>..< sorry for all the questions but I would love to get this solved for me and everyone else.

Alright I would love to try this possible solution...but I have one problem... How exactly would I go about doing all of that?

I am a complete noob to hackintosh stuff.

I am pretty knowledgeable of computers but this is all new to me.

>..

Have you considered a different vid card? The 5770 is a BREEZE to install, it seems that one you have is a little testy.

Ok, I've got past this point with the command "-v PCIRootUID=1" but now am getting stuck during the the initial loading.

It gets up to a point and then keeps ticking over for ages saying: "still waiting for root device"

The last entry before it starts doing this is:

"SerialATAPI Terminating due to unrecoverable Reset error - drive has stopped responding. (resetType = 0x0, newPowerState = 0x1, failedCommandInfo = 0x1)"

Im going to do some reasearching and find out what this is to do with.

If anyone has anyone has any suggestions for this, Please let me know. Thanks!

T3h, try the above command if you haven't already and let me know how far you get with it.

=[ same thing... my card just goes to max and no video...

Have you considered a different vid card? The 5770 is a BREEZE to install, it seems that one you have is a little testy.

;) want to give me a 5770? lol

Would installing mac os x on my hard drive in a different computer work if i put that same HDD in this pc?

That would be a cool method or service to start...

Im still stuck at the same point as my previous entry.

I think what me and T3h need is a tutorial on using/compiling these "kexts" (unofficial kernel hardware drivers, if i am understanding right) to create a customised bootable Mac OS disk reflecting our particular hardware requirements.

Is there a tutorial for doing this??

From researching, it is my understanding that you modify the retail disk image by 'injecting', so to speak, these kexts so they are picked up on initial installation.

Please correct me if I am wrong.?

REALLY eagar to get this working now.

Please provide me and T3h ANY suggestions you feel might be worth exploring.

Thank you

Im still stuck at the same point as my previous entry.

I think what me and T3h need is a tutorial on using/compiling these "kexts" (unofficial kernel hardware drivers, if i am understanding right) to create a customised bootable Mac OS disk reflecting our particular hardware requirements.

Is there a tutorial for doing this??

From researching, it is my understanding that you modify the retail disk image by 'injecting', so to speak, these kexts so they are picked up on initial installation.

Please correct me if I am wrong.?

REALLY eagar to get this working now.

Please provide me and T3h ANY suggestions you feel might be worth exploring.

Thank you

I couldn't have said it any better.

I have also read similar posts about all that but I am L O S T!!

I'll run any test/diagnostic on my computer to further help support Mac on PC... if I can learn how to do so lol

Just tell me what to do and I'll do it (within reason)

;)