Installing a purchased copy of OS X

ryanmac

7 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I've been reading plenty of forums {this one being the best of course! ; ) } and I'm loving the fact that people are now starting to see how cool OS X really is. I've been trying to find out if it is at all possible to buy a copy of OS X and install it either via VMWare or Native. I understand ISO's are patched some way but does anyone know if any ISO can be patched and how?

Apple have put many man (and woman) hours into building such a cool OS, and I want to pay for my own copy and not steel some one elses from the inter-my-web. I know the OS is locked to Apple's hardware but I like my PC and don't really want to spend £800 just to get the OS I want. If I get to the point I want to ask, can you patch any ISO (your own copy not a Dev kit) and how?!

Many thanks,

Ryan.

Patching a copy of OS X breaks the license with Apple, so patching it yourself is still illegal. If it will make you feel any better, you could just buy a retail copy to set on the shelf and look pretty while you install the downloaded (still illegal) copy. No way around it.

It is possible to patch your own disk... If you can find maxxuss' patches and get the kexts... and all the other fixes, but the best\easiest way is to download a prepatched copy.

Again you can still buy a copy of osx if you so desire, but I would install osx before spending the money on something that might not work.