setting an imac up with surround sound

Suzuka

10 posts in this topic

I have the logitech X 530 5.1 surround sound speakers, I also found a way to plug it in and still use all the speakers, but is there any way to give it the "Surround sound effect"?, perferably free (like an app)

EDIT: its connected in through the headphone jack BTW

You plugged in all 3 connectors? If you only plugged in one you won't get surround sound. And since the macs only have 1 analog ioutput I think you need an external converter or external soundcard to make it work. To bad I don't know any concrete solutions.

You plugged in all 3 connectors? If you only plugged in one you won't get surround sound. And since the macs only have 1 analog ioutput I think you need an external converter or external soundcard to make it work. To bad I don't know any concrete solutions.

no, it has the option to connect to video games through the red-white wires, so I found a connection that had a headphone connecter kinda thing and the red and white wire

In the main window of the Audio Midi Setup you should be able to pic 6 channels. After you done that you can set 5.1.

I was wondering how you connected your speakers, you were speaking of a headphone connecter? Do you have pictures of the connector?

Can you switch between diffirent input devices, I don't know but that might help. Anyway it is hard to believe that when you connect it this way you will get full 5.1 surround sound. I think this way you will get stereo using your 5 boxes. So you won't get the benefits of 5.1 sound in movies/trailers/games.

Can you switch between diffirent input devices, I don't know but that might help. Anyway it is hard to believe that when you connect it this way you will get full 5.1 surround sound. I think this way you will get stereo using your 5 boxes. So you won't get the benefits of 5.1 sound in movies/trailers/games.

exactly, I want to cheat the machine (imac) to allow me to use all 5 as surround, all it is now is stereo with 5 speakers