Please post your Feedback !!!  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Did this GUIDE worked ?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Is on-board Graphics working ?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Does OSX SL run smoothly without a BIOS patch ?

• Yes
    • No

28 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

It's my first try to install osx86, first of all sry for my english and noobish

Nice guide it helps me to install mac os. Sound works correctly. I didnt install moded BIOS

But i cant create PPPoe connection (i used your kext with kext helper (both versions "debug" and "retail")) but the connection didnt create in the left column. This trouble only with PPPoE, VPN creates correctly. I dont use any PCI card (except Zotac geforce 8600 gts 512 mb).

P.s i have dlink dir 320, all my other devises use wifi connection.

In windows 7 i have LAN connection as default (it's created by windows at first launch of it) and i can use ethernet and lan at the same time (as i configured in router)

ASUS P5G41-M-LE, core 2 duo e4500

Hope u'll help)

Please install the Ethernet Driver provided in the main post. i hope it will solve your problem !!!! Best Of Luck !!!

Hey, i found this tutorial last night after receiving my P5G41-M-LE for the sole purpose of creating a hackintosh. Here's my first predicament, when i load up Asus EZ Flash from the tools section as you do, it does not pick up my USB Stick, shall i jsut go ahead with the installer disc without using the modded bios or is there a way that you know of that could encourage it to appear on the list? i have tried it in both my front USB2.0 ports and the actual motherboard usb ports on the back, but nothing seems to help it, Thanks, Evan! :D

EDIT1: I booted with iATKOS S3 v2 disc, it took a while to load the installer (i thought it was hanging on the apple logo grey bg screen as i have experienced a lot with other computers) but did eventually boot the installer, i partitioned my drive, followed the guide word for word, then my pc restarted, with the install disc in it, while i was in the other room getting a drink (it said it would take another 7 minute so i thought i would be safe to get a drink but obviously not >.<), so i got back in, removed the disc and restarted the computer, but whenever i do i get a screen saying 'This computer needs to be restarted, so i do this, the exact same thing happens again. Please Help! Thanks, Evan.

EDIT2:Here is a picture of what i get when i try to restart now, >.< Thanks

It is advised that you please mod the BIOS of your mobo......shown in step 1 using EZ Flasher in your Bios. Please check out the main post !!!

• 4 months later...

As far as I can see nobody bothered to update anymore the topic so I thought to drop by and let everybody know that the Asus P5G41-M LE works just perfectly with Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (I did not tried to update yet to 10.7.3 but I am sure it will be just a security/bugs patch) and everything needed in first place worked like a charm.

For those of you looking for a DSDT.aml patch - I think you might not needed it as the motherboard is working just fine without even patching the BIOS with the SLIC version kindly provided in the beginning of this topic. I might give a try to that firmware, however I am stick to the trick - If it works just fine do not do anything that might brake it ;)

In order to have the Fast 1GB Ethernet working all you have to do from the installation disc (I used iAtkos L2 - Lion 10.7.2) is to choose Atheros in the Wired Network Section and that is all. For my video I used a cheap Nvidia GT240 which is more than perfectly recognized without the need to select anything from the patches/drivers on the installation media.

I had one small problem though (I might still have it but I just installed VoodooHDA that is listed in the first post and did not reboot yet) and it was the sound even though I have selected the VoodooHDA from the installation media in Sound hardware. I will see in a minute after the reboot whether the sound would be working, however I am more than sure that it will.

As an alternative to my wired network I tried to use Belkin n300 mini USB wireless adapter, and it was not found from the beginning however I have found a pack that I can install and play with it. After the installation my usb dongle was recognized however I could not see the wireless networks listed and this is something I am working on right now.

Well good luck every one ad here are my specs in case somebody with similar ones is looking for a hint how to set up a fully operational Mac OS X Lion (the latest so far version):

Memory: 2GB DDR2 667

Video: Nvidia GeForce GT240 (the last I think that does not require high wattage power supply - the 6 pins connector - 25$ Ebay etc.)

Motherboard: Asus P5G41M-Le

Bios: Official preinstalled version

Hard drive: 160GB SATA Western Digital & 1TB Western Digital Black Caviar (as a storage)

Mouse: Chinese USB wireless for 5$ - working perfectly and only needing to inverse the scroller directions (not a big deal)

Keyboard: Gateway 102 keys

Screen: LG Flatron W1942TQ (perfectly recognized and set up to maximum resolution 1440x900 by the video card)

Sound speakers: irrelevant ;)

The only thing that is not working so far and I shall see whether it will ever work on my dual boot pc is the USB Card Reader that was built in the box, however I am still keeping my old Win7 just in case of a need.

Well good luck everyone. If you need the DSDT.AML patch, I think there is one available for Asus P5G41-M LX that you can give it a try at least for the sound/network, however I would rather use the defaults if they are working fine. In order to find out whether the sound listed in the post of Crazy About Mac (Thank you very much MAN/Lady!!!) i shall reboot now. Stay tuned and be happy :)

Little update - the sound works Perfectly now and in order to "Fix" the newly introduced Mac OS X Lion thinking of Mouse scroller direction simply go to System Preferences > Mouse and remove the tick mark "Move content in the direction of finger moving..." (the first option in the newly opened mouse configuration dialog.

Searching in Internet I have found few websites offering to even install a software that can do the same job, however let's be reasonable and use the least additional tweaks if something is already built in the system.

I have noticed also that the Sleep problem still appear, however despite the fact that I will search some info about that topic, my computer is a desktop machine and I would rather just set in the power options that I want only the screen to turn off but never go to a sleep mode in case I cannot find a fix for that yet. So not to worry too much on that.

So far so good. I just checked in Hardware Info and every single piece except my card reader is recognized, and perfectly identified as well as the screen.