My Sound in Works

rkwok

2 posts in this topic

This is a long story, I was playing with another Conroe945G-DVI this morning, since my board and cpu are @ home, so I use what's on my test bench, a P4 520, and 2 512MB of OEM DDR2, RT8139 NIC. Installation was OK, and then during the first bootup, try to fill in the info, at the network screen, it will crash and stay at blue screen forever. So I decided to just skip the network part and set it up afterward. Finally I got into the OS, but then it crashed so often. With all those crashes, I can do nothing on it, so I swap the board and cpu with P4D915GL and P4 2.8E, too lazy to do reinstall and just start the computer, everything run smoothly, only need to apply the GMA900 patch, afterward have to work and just leave it there for hours. later I was reading this forum, one of the post was talking about sound in, so I just jump up and went to my hack, to my surprise, the sound in works. I had installed OSX on the P4D915GL before, but the sound in was always grey out, but this time, it let me choose 5 different input, and just tried recorded a song from mic and line in, and yes, both mic and line in works. Hope someone can find the reason behind this and hopefully this will be useful for others. :D