Ethernet not working

PJ_Mac

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I installed iPortable Snow on my Dell Precision 360. Everything is working nicely except for the Ethernet. System Preferences>Network shows Ethernet is connected and has an IP Address, but when I try to view a web page safari tells me "You are not connected to the Internet." I'm assuming I need some kind of Ethernet driver but I am not familiar with this, could anyone help? Thanks

Hello,

I installed iPortable Snow on my Dell Precision 360. Everything is working nicely except for the Ethernet. System Preferences>Network shows Ethernet is connected and has an IP Address, but when I try to view a web page safari tells me "You are not connected to the Internet." I'm assuming I need some kind of Ethernet driver but I am not familiar with this, could anyone help? Thanks

watch the light beneath the ethernet, if its green it should be connected and working.

Every Router has LAN and WAN Capabilities. Both must be working to access the Internet.

It is mostly a Setup Problem than a driver´s one.

If you get an IP, the rest of the Setup is wrong ( RouterIP, Subnet, DNS, etc.)

that Information you get from your ISP ( Internet Service Provider)

watch the light beneath the ethernet, if its green it should be connected and working.

Every Router has LAN and WAN Capabilities. Both must be working to access the Internet.

It is mostly a Setup Problem than a driver´s one.

If you get an IP, the rest of the Setup is wrong ( RouterIP, Subnet, DNS, etc.)

that Information you get from your ISP ( Internet Service Provider)

Thank you for the information. There are two lights underneath my ethernet, one stays orange, the other blinks orange. If I am getting an IP but still can't connect, how do I get my subnet, dns, etc. from my ISP?

Hey man,

I was having trouble too with my ethernet. But if i started up the Network settings my pc started to hung. It said Please check your settings and click ok. And when i clicked ok it hung. Now i removed all of my RTL8139 drivers and downloaded one from the internet i installed it manually rebooted and well it was working, no more orange light on my ethernet, and fast downloadspeed of 1,4 mb/s!! So maybe its in your drivers.

Greets.

(sorry for my bad english)

Hello,

goto system configuration / network settings, remove any listed hardware even if it shows the green connected bulb, apply and exit, delete com.apple.network.identification.plist & NetworkInterfaces.plist located in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration, reboot. open you network settings again and add your ethernet hardware. should work