-VoodooHDA 2.7.2

-AttansicL1eEthernet 0418.64 kext

on

-Intel G31

-Core 2 QUAD 8300

-Geforce GTS450

-4GB RAM DDR2 800Mhz

-HDD SATA Maxtor

Everything is working great, the output is on a HDTV@1080p, but randomly and not long after booting in OS X it freezes and goodbye (it reminds me of Win 98) you have to reset the pc in order to work again. I don't know if is kernel panic, or were you can see if it is (its my first encounter with Mac OS), i like it very much but with the constant freezing occurrence i cant stand it. Is there any solution? Can you help me?

Thank you.

Ok, who can help me please? I have installed:

-Hazard OS X 10.6.6i just with NVEnabler

after instalation from within Mac OS X:

-Cameleon 2.0 RC5 r699

-tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update

-VoodooHDA 2.7.2

-AttansicL1eEthernet 0418.64 kext

on

-Intel G31

-Core 2 QUAD 8300

-Geforce GTS450

-4GB RAM DDR2 800Mhz

-HDD SATA Maxtor

Everything is working great, the output is on a HDTV@1080p, but randomly and not long after booting in OS X it freezes and goodbye (it reminds me of Win 98) you have to reset the pc in order to work again. I don't know if is kernel panic, or were you can see if it is (its my first encounter with Mac OS), i like it very much but with the constant freezing occurrence i cant stand it. Is there any solution? Can you help me?

Thank you.

Yes it's a kernel panic, and i dont know what's causing it, i know as much as you do. Maybe you need to re-install the OSX back and experiment which KEXT kills your install.

I did that a couple of times with different settings and customizations, from no customization (@ the install screen) to only essentials. I think something in the tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update is causing this, i will try without it.

Thanks for the reply and i anyone else got any idea i'm all eyes.

I did that a couple of times with different settings and customizations, from no customization (@ the install screen) to only essentials. I think something in the tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update is causing this, i will try without it.

Thanks for the reply and i anyone else got any idea i'm all eyes.

Yes, you may as well start over simply. If you are using the tonymac [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] method, have you downloaded a DSDT.aml from the database? If you find one that matches your system exactly, that will prevent some potential problems. There are a lot of possible causes for your problem, and I think that a graphics reason is toward the top of the list, if you've followed the basic steps starting with Bios. I remember having to remove the NVenabler kext whereas other people may need it.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/G...s_Card_Database Is this your card, it is the only 450 I found and Nvidia update is required.

PNY GeForce 450 1GB DDR5 Yes Ports fully working DVI/DVI/HDMI - Requires Chameleon 2.0 RC5 Prerelease r643 or higher, 10.6.5, and tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5938 This thead is about Geforce GTS450

not being supported yet as of October 2010. But in Dec 23 of 2010,

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t=#entry1607437 akiNikki wrote:

spacer.gif "I'm using the same card. You just need to install the latest quadro driver from nvidia, and also I'm using Chameleon Rc5 latest trunk. Tada~ It's working. And also Graphics Enabler=yes in bootflag."

"Replacement NVIDIA drivers - not Fermi capable. (I think your card is Fermi.)

• Graphics - If you're using a NVIDIA 4xx "Fermi" card, you will have to re-run the NVIDIA Update to regain full acceleration. Make sure you have a Mac Pro System Definition installed from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], or it will not let you install. You may also use the tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update. "

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12693

Problems intalling GTS 450 on Snow Leopard 10.6.6

Other people are having a problem with this, but at least one person got it to work. There are some suggestions.

I'm not sure your card uses the exact same drivers from 10.6.5 to 10.6.6

Thanks for support. I dont have problems with the installation or resolution, the installation has gone very well and i have full resolution+acceleration. When i use the OS X from time to time random it freezes and i have to restart. I skipped that step with the DSDT...can that be the problem behind mi system freeze?

Beside the random freeze, everything as far is running like well oiled machine.

Gainwards GTS450 512 DDR5.

i had that problem before, and i re-installed OSX but this time, vanilla with minimal kext and not using GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag. No extra folder either and hasn't frozen ever since... maybe your problem is entirely different but that's what i did.

i had that problem before, and i re-installed OSX but this time, vanilla with minimal kext and not using GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag. No extra folder either and hasn't frozen ever since... maybe your problem is entirely different but that's what i did.

From what i have read NVEnabler is for Nvidia's older cards, maybe it conflicts with tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update or maybe the update is not stable enough. I had tried with and without GraphicsEnabler and without boot istalled at all( booting from DVD).The DSDT still not clear enough what it dose an if i need to mess with it and vanilla beside the flavor i don't know what it means. I am very new at OS X.

Thanks again for helping.