Hackintosh with ATI HD 5850

paul123456789

12 posts in this topic

Hi i followed the RoberT_XeS InsanelyMac Legend step by step mac install and it worked fine but i couldnt get a duel screen to work so i upgraded my graphics card to radeon hd 5850,so i installed the graphics card and booted from my usb stick,which was fine then when i boot from the snow leopard drive the fan on my graphics card goes to full speed and my monitors go black i've tried booting from usb again with the -x -v and then with the -x and then off the snow leopard -x but every time the same thing screens go black fan speeds up to max,so if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it thank you

Hi i followed the RoberT_XeS InsanelyMac Legend step by step mac install and it worked fine but i couldnt get a duel screen to work so i upgraded my graphics card to radeon hd 5850,so i installed the graphics card and booted from my usb stick,which was fine then when i boot from the snow leopard drive the fan on my graphics card goes to full speed and my monitors go black i've tried booting from usb again with the -x -v and then with the -x and then off the snow leopard -x but every time the same thing screens go black fan speeds up to max,so if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it thank you

PLease use search!!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231756

i cant even log into OSX so that would be no good as i say, as soon as i boot from the usb using -x -v loads of information scroll across the screen then screens goes black and the fan on my graphics card goes to hi speed ive been trying for three days now and im inches from giving up,ive got bags under my eyes and im very tired last chance could anyone help ive tryed with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] but soon as i put the retail dvd in i get an ebios error message,ive cleaned the laser updated the driver even burnt the image at the slowest speed i can still nothing so any help please thank you

Asus P5QL PRO

ATI HD 5850

ive been trying for three days now and im inches from giving up,ive got bags under my eyes and im very tired last chance

Well, believe me, life goes on perfectly well even without OS X on your PC. Perhaps even better, you'll be spending your time with your girl friend or your friends, instead of loosing sleep over a computer.

Well, believe me, life goes on perfectly well even without OS X on your PC. Perhaps even better, you'll be spending your time with your girl friend or your friends, instead of loosing sleep over a computer.

Aye, Aye Admiral! :)

ha ha girlfriend, ive been married for over 12 years so the honeymoon period is over with,no i have a macbook but its just not powerfull enough for developing games for the iphone,i dont want to spend £2000 on a mac pro so hence why im trying to hackintosh my pc

i'm gona try using a usb flash drive for the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] as my cd drive wont have it, see if i can get it to work that way

you'll get there mate - From what I can see I think MOhammed's booter is the only one listing support for your GPU.

D

oh my fxxxxxg god i cannot believe i cant even create a bootable usb what the, everything is going completely wrong i tried win32 imager dont recognise an iso i thought an iso was an image so i tried with the command promp but when i restart is doesnt recognise the drive this is getting out of control im gona smash all my stuff up with a hammer,breath paul breath ahhhhh

oh my fxxxxxg god i cannot believe i cant even create a bootable usb what the, everything is going completely wrong i tried win32 imager dont recognise an iso i thought an iso was an image so i tried with the command promp but when i restart is doesnt recognise the drive this is getting out of control im gona smash all my stuff up with a hammer,breath paul breath ahhhhh

As Alessandro says - I think it might be time to take a step back mate.

When you get to this point you need to take a break and get some perspective on it. I oftern get to the point where I feel I'm lost with something, especially when tired. But I find once I've taken a break the solution will come.

Take care

D