How to crossflash P5K BIOS and enable AHCI

dardanro

6 posts in this topic

my hard drive isn't showing up when i try to install snow leopard, i've researched everything thoroughly (I believe) the only setting i am unable to change in bios is getting it in to ahci mode as i just don't get the option.

can anybody advise me on how to crossflash it to a version of bios that would let me do this

my hard drive isn't showing up when i try to install snow leopard, i've researched everything thoroughly (I believe) the only setting i am unable to change in bios is getting it in to ahci mode as i just don't get the option.

can anybody advise me on how to crossflash it to a version of bios that would let me do this

is it the "P5K" only? not P5K-Q or something like this?

for P5K i have the latest BIOS file modded so you can enable AHCI on the ICH9 Controller.

is it the "P5K" only? not P5K-Q or something like this?

for P5K i have the latest BIOS file modded so you can enable AHCI on the ICH9 Controller.

If you used the bios of P5KR to enable ACHI on P5K, then its not called modded bios, Its the original.

Unless you really modded the latest bios of P5K which i doubt.

Having AHCI mode enabled is not a requirement for installing OS X, even less so on Intel ICHx drive controllers.

If you're using a boot CD it's just a matter of using the right drivers/injectors.

Here are the ones that ship with the Chameleon bootloader:

Chameleon_2.0_RC5_drive_controller_injectors.zip

• 5 months later...
Snow leopard on P5K works fine without bios modding.

Hi,

Do you mean with or without AHCI ?

Is there a guide anywhere - I'm reluctant to waste time by cross flashing p5kr or going back to an older BIOS just to get AHCI working

Many thanks

EDIT: Anyway I used a P5K BIOS 1201 with AHCI re-enabled and all is good with OS X lion on an SSD.... This way I get to keep my Windows 7 installation too without having to re-install drivers. Just had to regedit enable AHCI in windows and that's it. Job done