ATI / NVIDIA & SLi .. Can I use 2 Ati card?

stangn99

6 posts in this topic

Ok..

I have a P5ND2-sli Deluxe motherboard.

Currently, I have 1x GeForce 6600 GT Sli ready video card. I would like to use an ATi Card instead.

I like the fact that I can have 2 video cards...but if i switch to ATi Video card, would I be able to add another ATi Card to make it work together?

Does this SLi feature work ONLY WITH Nvidia cards?

I was thining of getting an X1600 XT, but what good would my Motherboard be if I have sli feature and would never be able to use it with ATI cards?

Can someone explain this to me?

Also...would sli feature even work on 10.4.6 ??

dude for the time being, nvidias don't even have 3d support on hackintosh, let alone SLI support.

Sure u can use ur ATI card on ur SLI MOBO - a PCI-E slot is a PCI-E slot. Just don't plan on going crossfire.

BTW: you cant go SLI or Crossfire with ur two cards. HEre's how they work.

W/ SLI, you buy two 'sli nvidia cards' (some 6xxx cards and all the 7xxx cards) and put them in the PCI-E slots on ur SLI-certified MOBO and hook that up to an sli certified PSU. SLI even supports 4 video cards.

W/ crossfire its the same thing, cept' with ATIs and i think u can only go up to 2 cards.

Here's wut u do - uve got a decent nvidia card. Keep that for gaming. Get a cheap 50 dollar or so ati card for mac. It can even be a pci card so u can just swap out the vga cable to either card whenever u boot either windows or mac.

lots of info! thanks!

The nvidia card is SLI ready, so is the motherboard, and my power supply is SLi certified and has the sli power hook thingie.

I ended up selling my Nvidia card and picking up an ATI X1600 Xt. according to benchmarks, it was better than my nvidia card anyway.

I am still having problems with the X1600 though. couple of people have been having major issues with the x1600 xt....me being one of them.

weather i use the boris patch, or do it manually, it just doesn't want to work ;)

bummer dude...

confirm that its the samet type card (i.e: PCI, AGP, PCI Express, mobile card). Try some other epatches, etc.

PS: can't believe u ditchd the nvidia SLI. Forget hackintosh, u cudve gotten another nvidia card and powerd up for some xtreme SLI gaming action.