Getting Native resolution GeForce 8400GS

hari.iiitb

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have installed Mac OSX 10.6.3 in Virtual Box. I have nVidia GeForce 8400GS with vendor id: 10c3 and device id: 10de

I have edited com.apple.Boot.plist and added

GraphicsEnabler
y
PciRoot

I am unable to get 1366*768 resolution after doing this. Can anyone help me with exact procedure for getting widescreen resolution? I am not able to understand the forum topics under Graphic Cards. Please help ;)

I use virtual box 4.0. First I tried the graphics enabler option with rc5, no effect. Then I removed the graphics enabler option and tried nvenabler.kext. No results there too. I have a widescreen 15.6" monitor. When I give ?video, I get only 4:3 resolutions listed.

• 3 months later...

hari.iiitb

Your graphics fix worked fine for 10.6.3 but when I upgraded to10.6.6 it broke. OS would load but instead of displaying desktop all I get is a flickering blue screen. The only way to remove was to go into single user mode and remove the kexts and replace with original ones. Then all I get is one resolution (1280 x 1024). Anybody know how to fix this in 10.6.6 or 10.6.7?

GA-G41M-E2SL

E5700 Dual Core

2 Gig corsair DDR2

Asus GeForce 8400GS silent PCIe

Ridge1ine generic dsdt ver 2.6.3