Wi-Fi USB EP-N8508

bestman50

4 posts in this topic

post-92822-1295125815.jpg

Just got 2 EP-8508 Wi-Fi USB adapters from www.meritline.com cost me $20.49. Great for anyone looking for WI-FI here. Have 2 Acer laptops here 5670 running 10.5.6 and AOA-150 running 10.6.2. This should also work with 802 G. I got drivers from Realtek look for (RTL8188CUS) drivers for 10.4, 10.5, and 10.6. This thing is really tiny just barely stick out of the side USB port so you should be able to just leave it in. Thought I would pass it along to anyone looking for Wi-Fi connection.

Bestman50

Did this require any special configuration?

I am a bit of a noob about this... basically you download the drivers and throw them into a folder?

This would be great for me because I currently have my macbook pro running most the day just so I can share its internet connection.

Did this require any special configuration?

I am a bit of a noob about this... basically you download the drivers and throw them into a folder?

This would be great for me because I currently have my macbook pro running most the day just so I can share its internet connection.

you have to install it. Will setup a wireless program to set it up, just like some of the other USB dongles out there.

bestman50

• 2 weeks later...