HELP Korg Legacy

Hades

73 posts in this topic

Is there a file in your /Extra folder hierarchy called preboot.dmg or initrd.dmg?

If yes, please zip it and attach it here, I need to see the contents to make sure that it's safe for you to delete it.

Either way, something strange is going on.

Extra/Themes/Default should now contain the new default Chameleon 2.0 RC5 theme. I've set your com.apple.Boot.plist to load that theme. And, actually, even with out the line "Theme=Default", it should still load that theme.

Yet, your photo of Chameleon shows the funny red apple from TonyMac's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], which, as you say is not inside the Themes/Default folder!

There are two ways (that I know of) that Chameleon can display that image. Either it's loaded from a folder named Themes "somewhere", or it's embedded in the code itself.

So, either you have an older version of Chameleon from TonyMac installed that was compiled with an embedded theme, or you have two installations of Chameleon - one of them on your system drive and the other on your EFI partition or somewhere else. The former is not difficult to fix, but the latter is unknown territory for me, I don't know how to delete boot0 and boot1h if they have been installed to the wrong place.

We have to discover which it is.

First eject any DVD/CDs, USB flash drives and unplug any external hard drives that you have attached.

Then run Terminal and type diskutil list. I need to see this information in order to determine what to do next.

Also (maybe I should have been clearer about this) where did you get the version of Chameleon that you installed from? As you said there are many, so please provide a link.

The latest version of Chameleon 2.0 RC5 is here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231075

But don't download anything from there (yet). I think it would be better to install Chameleon from Terminal by hand because this time I (we) need to be exactly sure what goes where. And I have never used iFab's installer.

Hey, so far so good. At least you have working ethernet and native resolution, faster boot, no messy device-properties string etc etc ^_^

Hi Gringo when i am home from work i will provide you with the necessary information.

There is one thing that bother me.

No matter if i say shutdown or reboot the system hang on both of these :( I have to use the power button

Just for information.

Update:

I use chameleon from the link you posted above

I use chameleon from the link you posted above

That's good but I don't think that iFa's installer would install Chameleon with a tonymac "funny apple" image.

I think something must have gone wrong when you ran the installer because you are not running the latest version of Chameleon.

Having to push the power button like that to shut down and restart will cause disk/file corruption sooner or later, if it hasn't already. Do this:

Boot up with -s (in the same way that you booted up with -f). Follow the instructions on the screen telling you how to run FSCK. If after doing that you see a message saying "file system was modified", run it again until that message no longer appears. Then type exit and press enter to finish booting.

This is happening because the older version of Chameleon that you for some reason are still using does not have the "restart fix". If it did, there would have been a message saying "restart fix successfully applied" as part of the Chameleon verbose output.

You can fix this temporarily by reinstalling the EvOreboot.kext that I told you to delete in post #15. Just google it, it's easy to find.

Ok

No I don´t have a file im my /Extra folder called preboot.dmg or initrd.dmg

Here is the output from diskutil list:

/dev/disk0

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER

0: GUID_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk0

1: EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1

2: Apple_HFS Fluffz 999.9 GB disk0s2

I have rebooted -s and run FSCK

And i stored the deleted EvOreboot.kext and put them in the Extensions folder in /Extra again

So reboot dosen´t hang anymore :(

Right.

Let's check if there's a duplicate installation of Chameleon on your EFI partition.

Run Terminal.app and type:

sudo -s (type your password and press enter)

mkdir /Volumes/EFI (press enter)

mount_hfs /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI (press enter)

If you get an error message at this point, let me know what it says.

If not, open a Finder window, and you should see a new "disk" named EFI.

Open it and tell me what's on it.

Don't reboot or shut down, wait for my reply.

Good. Unless the EFI partition is formatted with another filesystem than hfs (possible but unlikely), then there's nothing there.

Type rm -rf /Volumes/EFI in terminal to delete the mountpoint.

The only explanation for this that I can come up with is that you did something wrong when installing Chameleon (no idea what) and that you're still running some customized, older version that has an embedded theme with the red apple image in it.

I have to go to work now, later we'll install the latest version of Chameleon 2.0 RC5 to your system partition, this time manually.

Back from work, here we go.

For anyone else reading along, this is how you install Chameleon to a GUID partitioned drive, but NOT to the EFI partition. Note that hades' system has a single hard drive (rdisk0) and that OS X is installed on the second partition (rdisk0s2), the first being the EFI partition (that would be rdisk0s1).

Also note that we're installing to the same drive as we're working from.

Always run diskutil list before installing or upgrading Chameleon and double check your drive/partition layout, don't blindly type disk and partition numbers into Terminal just because some random guide tells you to!

This is the latest version of Chameleon 2.0 RC5, fresh from the compiler (the default theme is attached to post #21 above):

Chameleon_2.0_RC5_Trunk_rev_699.zip

Extract the archive to your desktop.

In Terminal, type...

cd ~/desktop/i386

...to go to the folder you've just extracted.

Now assume root privileges:

sudo -s (and your password)

Install boot0 to the Master Boot Record (MBR):

./fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0

Install boot1h to the boot sector of your system partition:

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s2

Then copy the file boot to the root of your system drive:

cp boot /

And type

Exit

That's it, piece of cake, now you can reboot.

Chameleon should be using the new theme now.

Take a photo of the Chameleon verbose messages again. If you get two screens, each asking for a keypress to continue, please photograph them both, then attach them here like you did before.

That's it, well done, now we're getting somewhere! :happymac:

As you can see, there is a "Restart Fix Applied!" message from Chameleon now. So, next up, try moving Ev0reboot.kext out of /Extra/Extensions and see if you can shut down and restart correctly without it.

The Chameleon restart fix doesn't seem to work for everybody. It works for me.

If it doesn't work (ie you have to press the reset button to shut down/restart again) remember to boot up with -s and run fsck like I showed you in post #28.

Then put Ev0reboot.kext back in /Extra/Extensions. We'll get to that later, with a little luck there is a much nicer way to fix this.

But it should work now, let me know.

Any change with Video and Korg Legacy? I guess not since you didn't mention it. Let me know.

I can't tell how you had your video card working before, you had Natit, NVEnabler and a Device Properties-String all active at the same time, it surprises me it was working at all. I think I was on the right track with the PciRoot setting, your EFI studio "PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1c,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0)" has the PciRoot at 1 - but as you can see in the Chameleon verbose output, Chameleon sets it to 0 - which is the Chameleon default. We'll deal with this later.

Did you take a look under "Memory" in System Profiler? Pretty cool. Chameleon at work!

Let's move on, there are a couple more things to do still. I need two things from you:

Download LSPCI for OS X from here:

http://uploaded.to/file/b7gy5i

(I think you need to reboot after installing it)

Then open Terminal, type LSPCI -nn and press enter. Post the output here.

Copy+Paste the Perl script below into Terminal and press enter:

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

DSDT.aml will appear on your desktop. Zip it and attach it here.

Hi Gringo

Good to see that we make some improvements :blink:

Ok

Reboot works like a charm without Ev0reboot.kext in /Extra/Extensions folder

edit: but shutdown hangs so i did the FSCK command and put Ev0reboot back in Extras/Extensions for now

No changes to graphic card (still crappy 32 Mb) and Korg Legacy (still that 0-0000 lock code )

Memory looks very good and i like the new chameleon GUI !

Here is the output of LSPCI -nn:

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation 82P965/G965 Memory Controller Hub [8086:29a0] (rev 02)

00:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82P965/G965 PCI Express Root Port [8086:29a1] (rev 02)

00:1a.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 [8086:2834] (rev 02)

00:1a.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 [8086:2835] (rev 02)

00:1a.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 [8086:283a] (rev 02)

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:284b] (rev 02)

00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 1 [8086:283f] (rev 02)

00:1c.4 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 5 [8086:2847] (rev 02)

00:1c.5 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 6 [8086:2849] (rev 02)

00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 [8086:2830] (rev 02)

00:1d.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 [8086:2831] (rev 02)

00:1d.2 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 [8086:2832] (rev 02)

00:1d.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 [8086:2836] (rev 02)

00:1e.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge [8086:244e] (rev f2)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation 82801HB/HR (ICH8/R) LPC Interface Controller [8086:2810] (rev 02)

00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation 82801HR/HO/HH (ICH8R/DO/DH) 6 port SATA AHCI Controller [8086:2821] (rev 02)

00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) SMBus Controller [8086:283e] (rev 02)

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] [10de:05e6] (rev a1)

03:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller [11ab:4362] (rev 22)

04:00.0 SATA controller [0106]: JMicron Technology Corp. 20360/20363 Serial ATA Controller [197b:2363] (rev 02)

04:00.1 IDE interface [0101]: JMicron Technology Corp. 20360/20363 Serial ATA Controller [197b:2363] (rev 02)

05:00.0 Multimedia controller [0480]: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 [1131:7146] (rev 01)

05:01.0 Multimedia audio controller [0401]: Creative Labs SB X-Fi [1102:0005]

05:06.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394) [0c00]: Texas Instruments TSB43AB23 IEEE-1394a-2000 Controller (PHY/Link) [104c:8024]

and here is the DSDT.aml.zip

dsdt.aml.zip

I hope i provide you with all information ?

Yes, that is perfect.

As you can see, LSPCI shows device and vendor IDs for all your hardware. The numbers at the beginning of every device (e.g. 00:1f.0) is the location of the device, its 'address'. I can use these numbers to locate each device in your DSDT.

It's good that restart works. I will attempt to fix your shutdown by editing your DSDT so you can delete Ev0reboot.kext.

When I'm done you'll be able to get rid of ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext as well.

Most importantly I think I might be able to do something about your LAN and graphics.

Two more things:

Are you using USB or PS2 mouse and keyboard?

More house cleaning:

zip and attach your disabler.kext from /Extra/Extensions.

Disabler.kext is a community made kernel extension that can be configured to disable loading of kernel extensions that are incompatible or cause issues when running OS X on a PC.

I want to have a look inside it and see what it disables, I don't think you need this kext at all.

I have to go out now, I'll look at your DSDT later this afternoon. In the meantime, use this com.apple.Boot.plist:

com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

I removed the wait and -v flags and put your timeout back so you dont have to press any keys when booting up.

I also set the PciRoot to 1, so let me know if there are any changes to video and ethernet - check if it's set as built-in now and, as before, remember to delete the networkinterfaces plist file (refer to post #7) before you reboot.

Hi

YOU ARE A MAGICIAN !!

gfx card fully detected ! And screenshot working again !

Chipsatz-Modell:	GeForce GTX 275
 Typ:	GPU
 Bus:	PCIe
 Steckplatz:	Slot-1
 PCIe-Lane-Breite:	x16
 VRAM (gesamt):	896 MB
 Hersteller:	NVIDIA (0x10de)
 Geräte-ID:	0x05e6
 Versions-ID:	0x00a1
 ROM-Version:	0x00
 Monitore:
SyncMaster:
 Auflösung:	1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
 Pixeltiefe:	32-Bit Farbe (ARGB8888)
 Hauptmonitor:	Ja
 Synchronisierung:	Aus
 Eingeschaltet:	Ja
 Rotation:	Unterstützt
Monitoranschluss:

Korg Legacy all registered !

WOW

THX

I am using PS2 Keyboard and USB Mouse

Here is the disabler.kext.zip you wanted to see

Disabler.kext.zip

I am happy right now

Great!

It turns out it was the PciRoot=1 setting that was needed all along. You must have missed it when I asked you to try it earlier (waaaaayy back in post #9).

Again, and I can't stress this enough: I cannot help you if you don't do what I ask.

It's highly recommended to use only USB mouse and keyboard on a Hackintosh. If you must use PS2 devices, it's better to use both PS2 keyboard and mouse, never mix USB and PS2 input devices. Macs don't have PS2 ports. Of course you have the community built Voodoo PS2 drivers installed but you're still lucky that this combination works for you!

Unzip and drop the attached DSDT.aml in /Extra and delete Disabler.kext (which was never disabling anything anyway, the extensions it's supposed to disable are clearly loaded on your system) ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext and Ev0reboot.kext from /Extra/Extensions.

Reboot, but make the following changes in your BIOS before you boot into OS X again:

Limit max CPUID - disabled

CPU thermal monitor - enabled

ACPI suspend type - S3

No Execute Memory Protect - enabled

Some of these are probably set correctly already.

Let me know if you can shut down and reboot properly, or if anything funny happens after adding the DSDT.

I did not do anything to the Firewire device, have you ever used your Firewire ports, are they working?

I would like to see if patching your DSDT was worth the trouble. Do me a favor and run Console.app, find kernel.log in the left pane, save it somewhere, zip it and attach it here. This will allow me to check my work. Well some parts of it at least.

In System Profiler, check all your USB ports, they should be seen by OS X as built-in or internal.

If I've patched USB correctly in your DSDT, it should not say "expansion card" anywhere! Please let me know.

[DSDT removed - updated version on next page]

Hi Gringo

Before i install the .aml i have to ask something.

For soundcard i use a external (usb connected) Tascam US-122 MK II soundcard for everything (Logic and system sounds)

because my soundblaster X-FI isnt supported (what i read)

Yesterday after the new Boot.plist i noticed something. OSX quit spontaneus (blackscreen and reboot after it) then i noticed i had no more systemsounds ...i had to install the driver for the Tascam again to get my sounds working.

Could the dsdt.aml getting problems with my Tascam ??

I ask just before i make something wrong.

Edit:

strange things is going on since yesterday...i use firefox as browser..since yesterday i cant see anymore a play button on youtube...and no more video just sound....i dont know if this is related ...

Here is a screenshot ....from time to time i get a still picture...grr

post-4989-1295886193_thumb.png

Safari is playing it ok buttons there and video.

No i never used a firewire device on this machine.

There should not be any change, except OS X might want to try to use your on-board audio as primary sound device now.

If something like that should happen just run the audio MIDI setup utility in the utilities folder and set your USB audio interface as the preferred device again.

A little more work is required if you want the on-board sound working, I added some necessary code to your DSDT but you will also need a small hack in AppleHDA.kext, provided your on-board sound is compatible with that particular hack.

I haven't mentioned or looked into this because I noticed earlier that you are using outboard USB audio anyway.

If there are any problems you can just delete the DSDT, but please let me know about it first because it might be something simple.

I'll still be around if there is something to fix :) .

For your (kind of funny) Youtube issue, run the Adobe Flash Uninstaller (with all browsers closed):

uninstall_flash_player_osx.dmg

Then download and install the latest version of Flash.

Flash probably got confused by the configuration changes we've made that got your hardware accelerated video back.

If that doesn't help (it should though!) I might have some other ideas.

I won't attempt any work on your Firewire since you have no equipment to test with and no use for it.

Actually some models of the X-Fi are supported by the VoodooHDA driver.

But you are correct, yours (1102:0005) seems to be an X-Fi XtremeMusic of the older PCI variety, which is not supported.

AFAIK, only some models of the PCI-Express X-Fi's can be made to work.

Ok

I installed the .aml restart without problems...

checked the bios settings done

here is the kernel log:

kernel.log.rtf.zip

Uninstalling Adobe Flash player ....install the new flash player ...no changes....

I noticed i can watch the video in fullscreen and have working start/stop buttons in fullscreen but not normal size

X-Fi isnt that important because the tascam has much better quality and works like a charm with logic

Good news, these error messages are gone:

Jan 24 16:21:12 localhost kernel[0]: USBF:	1. 49	AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff800e250000]::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleep
Jan 24 16:21:12 localhost kernel[0]: USBF:	1.173	AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff800e380000]::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleep

Which means the USB 2.0 EHCI patch worked like it should.

You have a new error message:

Jan 24 17:47:07 xxx-iMac kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed
Jan 24 17:47:07 xxx-iMac kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

Which means my LPC device patch has failed! I'll see what I can do about it.

AppleHDA is loading for your on-board sound now but throws some assertion errors:

Jan 24 17:47:06 xxx-iMac kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1667 goto Exit
Jan 24 17:47:06 xxx-iMac kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 202 goto Exit

Those don't necessarily mean that it won't work though. Let me know if you'd like to use your on-board sound and I'll look into it.

Lastly, it is strange that kernel.log says "your-iMac" everywhere, since you should be using this:

smbios.plist.zip

Extract this smbios.plist, place it in /Extra (overwrite the one that's there, if there is one) and reboot.

Then check System Profiler, it should say MacPro 3,1 now. Let me know.

You're not running a Firefox 4 beta version are you? It has known issues with flash content on OS X. Go back to Firefox 3.6. Download the non-beta and replace Firefox in your Applications folder. Don't worry, you will not lose your personal data, all that stuff is stored in your user folder somewhere.

Make sure your flash version is 10.1.102.64. In Firefox, click Tools -> add-ons -> plugins, then click the "find updates" button at the bottom left.

Update any other outdated plugins you might have.

If you have duplicate versions of Flash installed that the uninstaller didn't catch, follow the steps outlined here to get rid of them:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Flash%...plicate-plugins

Have you tried shutting down with the DSDT installed, did it work?

Please run Terminal and do

kextstat -k >~/desktop/kextstat.txt

And attach the kextstat.txt here.

Hi Gringo

No i dont run an beta of firefox its version 3.6.13

i made a screenshot after the plug in check:

post-4989-1295891579_thumb.png

And here is a screenshot before i replace the smbios.plist :

post-4989-1295891591_thumb.png

shutdown also works like it should :P

I dont think i use the onboard X-fi because the Tascam has much better sound quality

Here is the output from kextstat

kextstat.rtf.zip

That's weird then that kernel.log insists on iMac when System Profiler clearly says MacPro.

Maybe it's simply this: Open System Preferences, open the sharing preference pane and change the "computer name" to [yourname]'s MacPro.

I was asking about your motherboard's built-in audio, your X-fi XtremeMusic is not on-board, it's a PCI expansion card.

If you would you like to have working on-board audio just let me know and I'll look into it.

Something to try to fix your youtube issue, go here:

http://www.macromedi...gs_manager.html

Scroll down and click the link to the "Website Storage Settings Panel", then click the "Delete All Sites" button.

Install Adobe Shockwave - get the 64-bit download:

http://get.adobe.com.../otherversions/

Then test if this game works (but be careful, it's terribly addictive :rolleyes: ):

http://www.kongregat...t-touch-my-gems

Quit Firefox, open it again and go to youtube.com and check if anything has changed.

Here's a revision to your DSDT: dsdt.aml.zip

Fixes/patches applied:

Powerbutton fix (power button works like on a real Mac)

RTC length fix (prevents CMOS reset)

Added MCDP method (Master Chief's version of Apple's DTGP method)

Added ICHx HDAEnabler code (THe KiNG)

Removed useless floppy controller and parallel port code

Renamed PX40 to LPCB and patched device ID to 2815 (was 2810)

Renamed PX43 to SBUS and added BUS0 and DVL0 subdevices

Renamed COPR -> MATH, TMR -> TIMR, PIC -> IPIC, HUB0 -> PCIB

Removed IRQs from RTC, TIMR and IPIC (THe KiNG)

Renamed USBE and USE2 to EHC1 and EHC2, USB0-4 to UHC1-5, AZAL to HDEF

USB 2.0 external -> internal fix (AAPL clock-id)

Gigabyte shutdown fix and HPET device (AsereBLN)

Fixed 1 compiler warning and 3 errors

As before, place DSDT.aml in /Extra, overwriting the one that's there. Don't reboot yet.

Oddly, AppleLPC.kext appears to be loaded, it's in your kextstat, so I don't know why kernel.log has the LPC device error in it.

Maybe it's a cache thing. Run Terminal and delete the extensions cache, like this:

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext

Type your password when prompted.

Reboot. It will take a little longer than usual as there is now no extensions cache. It'll be rebuilt automatically.

Hi Gringo

Thank you for all your effort!

No i dont need build in sound card...not necessary

Will do everything you wrote tomorrow.

Another question:

When everything is set and working good ..is there a way to make a installation DVD out of it...(just the system so i can go back or installing it on another harddrive ? I use a harddrive frame on this computer so i can change to different hd´s

And can i do updates on this machine ?

Hades

If you have a spare hard drive you can clone your installation to it using Carbon Copy Cloner (google it) and keep that as a backup. Note that CCC doesn't clone the bootloader, so you'll have to install Chameleon to it before putting it away. You already know how to do that so that should be a walk in the park - but be careful with the rdiskXsX commands, run diskutil list first and make sure you're installing the bootloader to the right place. CCC I can't help you with, I've never used it. From what I've heard it's not difficult to use.

Do that first before installing any updates. Install Chameleon to the cloned drive and test if it can boot by itself (remove the drive with your existing installation).

I'm pretty sure there is no way to make an install DVD from a running installation.

Another thing you should do is make a Chameleon boot CD:

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/...31.html#msg2131

Your hardware is very compatible and OS X friendly, I think with just your current /Extra hierarchy on a boot CD you should be able to boot and install from a retail Snow Leopard DVD.

You can run Software Update and install all available updates except the 10.6.6 update (see below).

Most updates don't pose a threat to Hackintoshes at all, especially when running the original Apple kernel and are configured like yours, with everything in /Extra. And you have both LAN and graphics working with unmodified drivers which is very nice.

But...

As I said your hardware is nice and compatible, but because you have installed from a hacked DVD (iATKOS) instead of a Retail DVD, I cannot promise you that a 10.6.x version update will not break something. Maybe there are still patched system files somewhere that we don't know about. When you run the update, those will get overwritten and this may or may not break functionality somewhere. But I think your chances of success are good.

So, if you're up for it - because you've used a distro to install I think it would be best to download the full ~1GB 10.6.6 combo updater from Apple and use that: http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1349

Hi Gringo

I have found on the flash site the panel and only could see it after installing shockwave.

I know there is a button "delete all websites" but i can´t use the panel cause its like a picture.

Took minutes till i see a dialog popup to confirm the deletion

Here is the screenshot:

post-4989-1296061425_thumb.png

But nothing changed on youtube after it ^_^

This is a strange issue, I have never heard of it and I can't find anything in google either so far.

I believe that since Flash works in Safari, and you've done all that can be done now to the Flash plugin, then it must be a problem with Firefox itself.

Try the youtube troubleshooting steps outlined here:

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/...y?answer=143007

Especially the stuff about javascript and popup blocking software. Ignore the Firewall part, it can't be that since youtube videos work for you in Safari.

Run Software Update from the Apple menu and look for a Java update (yes I know that Java and JScript is not the same thing).

Java updates are 100% safe to install for you.

You can also try a full reset of Firefox.

Backup your bookmarks:

Click bookmarks, organize, click the third (star) icon at the top, click 'Backup...' and save the .json file somewhere convenient so you can easily restore it later.

Unless you already have all your passwords written down somewhere, backup all your passwords:

Right-click this link: "Firefox3 compatible password exporter" click save link as, and save it to your desktop.

(You can go here: http://wejn.org/stuff/moz-export.html to read about the file you just downloaded)

Although it is not necessary, at this point you will probably feel better about what happens next if you unplug your network cable or disable your network connection first. Don't forget to enable it again later.

Double click on the file you saved. A new Firefox window will open. Click 'allow' on the prompt that appears. A list of your passwords and the sites they belong to will appear. You can sort the order if you want. When you're done, click 'export as text file' at the top left. Now run textedit.app, then copy and paste all your passwords into it and save the file. All done.

You'll still have to enter them all manually later though!

Quit Firefox.

Now we will completely wipe your Firefox user profile, preferences, etc. Hopefully this will help with your Youtube issue.

Run Terminal.app, type...

/Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin -profilemanager

...and press enter. This will bring up the Firefox Profile manager. If yours is the only user account on your Hackintosh, delete all profiles.

Restart Firefox and import your bookmarks in the same way that you exported them. Try Youtube again.

And please tell me that it's working now!!