P67A-UD7 - i7 2600 Build

mrbailey

4 posts in this topic

I've kind of coasted through the last few years just reading and building systems based off the advice of others, thought I might try and try and live on the edge for once.

I recently purchased a p67a-ud7 and an i7 2600 to test over the coming months in order to be ready for when Apple starts supporting the new processors.

I'm happy to answer questions, try things, mess with this system and help with progress towards getting it working for all.

So far, I've installed with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and have:

Audio working with ALC8XX kext

LAN working with 8111e by Lnx2Mac

Restart and shutdown working

QE etc working with NVenabler

I've also installed Bridgehelper

I have no time machine, bonjour and can't get my bluetooth dongle to work (even though it works fine in all my other osx86 systems)

I've included a raw DSDT dump if anyone is interested messing with this board.

• 1 month later...
I recently purchased a p67a-ud7 and an i7 2600 to test over the coming months in order to be ready for when Apple starts supporting the new processors. So far, I've installed with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and have:

Audio working with ALC8XX kext

LAN working with 8111e by Lnx2Mac

Restart and shutdown working

QE etc working with NVenabler

I've also installed Bridgehelper

I'm currently trying to get a p8h67-m working. 10.6.0 install went smooth, update to 10.6.6. resulted in the system hanging on kernel load. Not yet tried BridgeHelper as this seems to be just a modified 10.6.0 kernel (?)

What gfx-card are you using? I'm trying to get Intel HD working with QE but so far no luck...

• 2 weeks later...
I'm currently trying to get a p8h67-m working. 10.6.0 install went smooth, update to 10.6.6. resulted in the system hanging on kernel load. Not yet tried BridgeHelper as this seems to be just a modified 10.6.0 kernel (?)

What gfx-card are you using? I'm trying to get Intel HD working with QE but so far no luck...

i'm afraid CPU-integrated video will be hard to turn on correctly yet :censored2:

Didn't you try to boot with external video card and disabled onboard video?