Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
ilgigolo

How to make WinXP default with chain0?

4 posts in this topic

I have both systems in one HD, but i have changing the menu for load WinXP every time when restart the machine. I have OsX86 for default, and i want change to WinXP default.

how i do it?

:)

From the Microsoft knowledgebase:

Specifying the Default Operating System for Startup

If you have more than one operating system on your computer, you can set the operating system that you want to use as the default one for when you start your computer:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click System.

• On the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.

• Under System startup, in the Default operating system list, click the operating system that you want to start when you turn on or restart your computer.

• Select the Display list of operating systems for check box, and then type the number of seconds for which you want the list displayed before the default operating system starts automatically.

To manually edit the boot options file, click Edit. Microsoft strongly recommends that you do not modify the boot options file (Boot.ini), because doing so may render your computer unusable.

When i reboot system show darwin screen with menu (XP or x86) x86 default, after show screen menu with XP default.

How change it darwin menu? Can i delete chain0 file?

The Windows partition has to be the active partition.

Jump into Windows, Disk Management. Right-click your Windows partition and mark as active.