Decryption hasn't succeeded yet (probably will retry)

AVO-Electronics

5 posts in this topic

I did a stupid thing, I removed the 'Don't Steal Mac OS.kext'. I was under the impression with FakeSMC I didn't need it. I first backed up the kext then removed it. Now whether that was the cause of my trouble or not I don't know, because I forgot to run Kext Utility to clear caches etc.

So now when I boot I get 'Decryption hasn't succeeded yet (probably will retry)' and the system fails to boot, it simply iterates that warning.

So, I figured I'd start the system ignoring caches (iHack Boot) but that never worked. So I assume I needed this DSMOS.kext after all. I tried to return the kext to it's extension directory via the backup I made. So I booted with the Retail disc into terminal, moved the kext directory back into /S/L/E and made it the same permissions as the rest of the kexts.

Unfortunately it's got the better of me as it still boots with the error.

Anyone got any ideas how to correct this or am I forced into yet another install :unsure:

Cheers

AFAIK you cannot use fakesmc on your AMD system unless you disable blacklisting via kernel flag first.

The patched kernel you are using is blacklisting a certain kernel extension that fakesmc depends on.

I think it's blacklist=0 or something, I don't remember. Be careful though, blacklisting is the default for a reason. You'll have to find other means to disable whatever it is you need to disable.

Sorry for being so vague but I'm having trouble remembering all this stuff. "Alzheimer Light" is not a beer.

Google/Forum search should help fill in the blanks for you!

Start by reading the old Voodoo Kernel .pdf manual, IIRC this is from when automatic blacklisting was introduced:

http://xnu-dev.googlecode.com/files/Voodoo...cumentation.pdf

AFAIK you cannot use fakesmc on your AMD system unless you disable blacklisting via kernel flag first.

The patched kernel you are using is blacklisting a certain kernel extension that fakesmc depends on.

I think it's blacklist=0 or something, I don't remember. Be careful though, blacklisting is the default for a reason. You'll have to find other means to disable whatever it is you need to disable.

Sorry for being so vague but I'm having trouble remembering all this stuff. "Alzheimer Light" is not a beer.

Google/Forum search should help fill in the blanks for you!

Start by reading the old Voodoo Kernel .pdf manual, IIRC this is from when automatic blacklisting was introduced:

http://xnu-dev.googlecode.com/files/Voodoo...cumentation.pdf

Thanks that manual is a great read and didn't know it existed.

On my above problem, booting into the mac install dvd and rebuilding all caches not only has fixed the problem but also seems to have speeded up boot time significantly.

Which leads me to wonder whether;

A/ The DSMOS.kext was being loaded at boot but not actually doing anything other than slowing the system boot time.

B/ The kext utility isn't doing a very good job

Thanks again.

I thought the same thing you did so i too figured i'd remove the DSMOS.kext and boom,the same problem,just rebuilt the caches and now everything is sailing smoothly as ever :( Monitoring my temps,fan rpm's,voltages with FakeSMC on my AMD system but have to run DSMOS.kext too with it.