Voodoo PS2trackpad amnesia issue

Macpaq

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I have installed 10.6.5 on my Compaq C500 lappy I installed VoodooPS2 from the Voodoo PS2 installer (0.98 version) from the Chameleon website which includes the preference panes thing for the trackpad, it works beautifully,

the only issue I have now is that , in the Trackpad Preference, I selected the Clicking check button (I really like the tap feature) but for some reasons, it does not retain, after reatart, I have to go back to redo it again, as always after I selected it it works again. Does any one have the this problem and hoe to fix it? thanks in advance.

Hello, I have installed 10.6.5 on my Compaq C500 lappy I installed VoodooPS2 from the Voodoo PS2 .....

Does any one have the this problem and hoe to fix it? thanks in advance.

Here's the deal, I have same pc, with 2 partitions for mac, a 99.9% working install of iAtkos s3 on partition 1 updated to 10.6.5, 10.6.6 (updated without any issues)

and a 98% working "dummy" install of 10.6.3 that I use for utility/fail safe purposes.

Partition 1 I have fully tweaked, and made sure I carefully selected all correct kexts for C500 hw, and the trackpad issue is not present on this partition, however I do have the same issue as you on the dummy install that I didn't spend much time on (also no working sound, yet).

So my point here is this:

1) You never specified your install type, or what kexts you have in your E/E folder, also what version of Chameleon or other such bootloader you are using, & DSDT etc...

That info is important to making an accurate diagnosis.

2)Recheck your installation...There is probably a kext not loaded correctly, or perhaps not installed at all during SL installation. Maybe a Kernel issue, if you run vanilla kernel?

You could always reinstall the latest version of SL approved voodooPS2, and of course be sure to repair permissions for E/E, and to also rebuild your kextcache using command line, or kext utility.

After this cross your fingers and reboot.

Please reply with your install details(Was it retail, or a distro), and your Extra kexts to help narrow down your problem. I'm also curious as to if you have any auto-sleep issues, as this and a missing battery option in Energy Saver are the only things not working perfectly for me at this point. Edit- Solved missing battery tab :thumbsup_anim:

On the other hand, I could always copy my working E/E folder and give it to you, but as I mentioned, you may encounter the issues that I'm having.

Also, did you get Wifi to work, because if not I can get it working for you in a flash.

In the meantime, try and create another OS X install for utility purposes, it makes life much easier if you encounter any KP's at boot.

Good Luck