help on ALC272 - different config (ASPIRE5742)

comatron

5 posts in this topic

hello there,

i read about every alc272 thread and tested all possibilities to get it workin on this acer 5742g - a nice machine for which i am doin´ a nice guide. the maschine now runs 100% except of sound. attached is my linux codec dump and my dsdt. PLEASE gurus - help me out to provide the 100% guide on 5742g acers and of course to help me.

what i tried:

- DSDT audio fixes, hexed appleHDAs, voodohda

i had results on voodoohda (i had 4 HDMI audio outputs there but unusable) and on some hexed applehda kexts in combination with dsdt fixes (shown in sysprofiler, but no output/input in prefpane)

as the 5742 got only mono-speaker i guess the pin config differs from the usual 272s. providing you the dump / dsdt i am hoping for help.

thank you in advance!

272_acer.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
hello there,

i read about every alc272 thread and tested all possibilities to get it workin on this acer 5742g - a nice machine for which i am doin´ a nice guide. the maschine now runs 100% except of sound. attached is my linux codec dump and my dsdt. PLEASE gurus - help me out to provide the 100% guide on 5742g acers and of course to help me.

what i tried:

- DSDT audio fixes, hexed appleHDAs, voodohda

i had results on voodoohda (i had 4 HDMI audio outputs there but unusable) and on some hexed applehda kexts in combination with dsdt fixes (shown in sysprofiler, but no output/input in prefpane)

as the 5742 got only mono-speaker i guess the pin config differs from the usual 272s. providing you the dump / dsdt i am hoping for help.

thank you in advance!

hi, did you make the guide?