Need help, loop installation

Chaos Scorpion

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm trying to install a Snow leopard retail 10.6 on my netbook Samsung N220. I used an 8 g stick patched with NetbookInstaller 0.8.5, the installation gone succesful but when i restart the pc from the stick it take me to install again SL instead of the espected set up process, and it happens at every reboot. Can anyone help me please?

Edit: If i restart from the HD I get a message from apple to reboot the system holding the button

Boot in verbose mode with -v

also try the -x flag for safe mode.

Then post a reply here with a photo of the error.

Sorry, but I don't know how to do this, how to access the terminal, I tried the "hold shift" written in the apple.com FAQ for the safe mode, a friend told me I've to press alt+v, but any key i press at the boot it takes me to this

2010-03-11_1542-300x186.png

If I choose the usb, it takes me to the installation process again

If I choose the HD I get this:

immag004n.jpg

I've also tried to run the NBI from the installation procedure, apply "prepare driver" and restart but nothing changed

When you select the drive that your install is on "the picture your showing where you choose your drive" simply type with your keyboard -x -v and hit the enter key. You should see a bunch of lines start to load. To enter terminal mode without the GUI all you need to type is -s.

Thx, so:

With -x I have a the gray screen with apple logo, the spinning wheel and a bar progression that after a bit stop to give the same "restart system error" posted photos

With -v the first time it give me HPet panic (expected reading about NBI 0.8.5 version), the second and third one it goes to the installation process again...

Edit: if i press down key i can choose verbouse mode, single use o ignore cache mode but there isn't any safe mode

I think you have selected some wrong packages during install. I might be wrong, but be sure to try some more combinations.

Also, try another distribution. Which one have you tried so far? There is many of them, Hazard, SnowLeo, iAtkos s3 v2.. there is [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + retail disc method etc.

What is your CPU on that computer? I think it's possible you chose the wrong kernel.

I' ve maked it working with recovery mode and fixing the hpet.

Now I am on Snow leopard 10.6.5 and I have a little more problems:

- doesn t work the trackpad

- the audio with the last vodoohda kext works but the microphone goes in resonance and since the loading screen start to whistle, the only method to stop it is to lower the "Input Gain" option in the VoodooHDA preference but it dont save after restart..