Kernel panic issue

iNoob 3G

9 posts in this topic

My current and only issue i have right now is using my system with my current overclock which is set at 3.4ghz.

The system boots and runs just fine if i lower the multiplier to get 2.8ghz.

MB: ASUS M2A-VM

GFX: EVGA 8800GT

CPU: Phenom II x3 740 BE

2x 2Gb G.Skill Ram

IMG_20101210_160619.jpg

My current and only issue i have right now is using my system with my current overclock which is set at 3.4ghz.

The system boots and runs just fine if i lower the multiplier to get 2.8ghz.

MB: ASUS M2A-VM

GFX: EVGA 8800GT

CPU: Phenom II x3 740 BE

2x 2Gb G.Skill Ram

IMG_20101210_160619.jpg

Edit: so I found out that busratio solves my problem, now I haven't tried it yet but will I have to do this on every boot?

you can edit your

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist file and include it there

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>busratio=20</string>

for example

Depending on install method, there is a com.apple.Boot.plist in the Extra folder. IMO that is the one to edit and leave the one in Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration alone if possible.

Depending on install method, there is a com.apple.Boot.plist in the Extra folder. IMO that is the one to edit and leave the one in Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration alone if possible.

I stand corrected.

Also, I found out that there is a nice tool called Property List Editor that you can use. Some refer to it as plist editor.

Also, I found out that there is a nice tool called Property List Editor that you can use. Some refer to it as plist editor.

Property List Editor is the preferred method of editing as apparently (never happened to me) you can get a corrupted com.apple.Boot.plist when editing with text edit.

While true the one in /Library/... never gets touched on system upgrades it is a local configuration file for expressly this type of edit by the local system administrator.

Property List Editor is the preferred method of editing as apparently (never happened to me) you can get a corrupted com.apple.Boot.plist when editing with text edit.

That is why you use the command line and something like nano or vim to do the edits as root user in Terminal.

While true the one in /Library/... never gets touched on system upgrades it is a local configuration file for expressly this type of edit by the local system administrator.

I had to touch the one in the /library/.... i couldnt find the "Extras" folder. but i dont plan on upgrading i just need OsX for final cut and every thing runs just great! thanks a lot everyone!